1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Games for Windows Live problem

Discussion in 'F1 2011 - The Game' started by Andrea Isgrò, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Andrea Isgrò

Andrea Isgrò
    Premium

Ratings:
    +226
    Hi all guys, I'm writing this topic because I have a big problem with Games for Windows Live..

Starting situation:
    I have a clean installation of F1 2011 without Patch #2 and I have Hamachi to play in LAN with another game

Problem:
    Every time I open F1.. Games for Windows Live uses Hamachi's network and I can't play online and install Patch #2.. to do these things I have to uninstall Hamachi..

The question is.. There is a solution to say Games for Windows Live to use the normal network without uninstalling Hamachi?
    I have already tried to change the network adapters priority and Hamachi is the last connection..

Thanks in advance

2. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    Retired Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,152
    There appears to be a registry hack for this, there is a video based on F1 2010, I suspect that the procedure is the same for F1 2011.

Bear in mind that I know nothing about Hamachi and VPN's ......

EDIT: After a search, I found that MS7XWDC has written about this and F1 2011 here :-

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=225447

3. Andrea Isgrò

Andrea Isgrò
    Premium

Ratings:
    +226
    Thanks a lot for your response !! I solved a part of the problem.. in fact on my registry I already have the string that the guy in the video adds.. so I thought that I had to delete that string.. I have done this and now Games for Windows Live starts with my normal connection.. but he said that I'm not online.. here my connection setup:

[​IMG]

The Local IP is correct.. I'm online with this connection, but F1 can't reach my External IP, what I can do now?

4. Andrea Isgrò

Andrea Isgrò
    Premium

Ratings:
    +226
    Problem solved at all ;) I think was required a restart of the computer because now the game is downloading the Patch #2
    Thanks again for the solution :D