Gamers face high risk of heart attack

I realize this isn't the best topic for discussion, but I figured it could benefit you in the long run.

I recently came across a thread about a relatively young gamer who passed away due to cardiac arrest and wanted to share this information.

I am "grandpa aged". I started gaming with computers when playing football (American football) meant loading a 5 1/4" floppy and seeing X's and O's battle it out on screen. I spend alot of time at my computer. I game at least 6 hours a day to keep myself occupied and have had gaming sessions last up to 35 hours. Several of my, seemingly healthy "gamer friends" (young and old) have had heart attacks and I came across this article (2nd such article I've seen about this).

http://www.voanews.com/content/couc...-of-stroke-heart-attack-113605719/171346.html

Here's hoping I'll see you on the battlefield or behind the wheel of a car for many years to come.

Take care of yourself.

If you want to increase your chances of a healthy and happy life, you better work out.
That's what our bodies were made for, not for sitting around doing nothing all day long.

May it be nordic walking, weightlifting, jogging or MMA - just do something on a regular basis (daily, every 2nd day, 3 times a week)

I started working out in the gym 2 years ago, fall last year i started powerlifting and i have never looked and felt better in my whole life (turning 37 this summer).

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 389 39.9%