Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Codemasters ONRUSH 2.jpg Codemasters ONRUSH 1.jpg Codemasters ONRUSH 3.jpg Codemasters ONRUSH 4.jpgCodemasters ONRUSH 5.jpg Codemasters ONRUSH 6.jpg
Upcoming Codemasters arcade racer ONRUSH has just received a new gameplay trailer - check out the latest high speed action directly from in game!

Designed purely as an arcade racing title with a focus on fun and high speed heroics, ONRUSH is the next arcade racer in development by high profile racing game developer and Formula One licence holders Codemasters. With multiple forms of racing across a diverse variety of vehicles from cars, buggies, bikes and more across eight unique racing classes, all enclosed in large scale and obstacle ridden locations, this new game looks likely to present a very different racing experience than the usual Codemasters offering of recent years.

Although initially releasing to just console, and minus steering wheel support on launch, ONRUSH doesn't look like a game for the faint of heart...

ONRUSH Key Features
  • TAKEDOWNS: Takedowns are core to Onrush. Risk equals reward so take on the track and seek out the multitude of perilous but exciting routes through each track.
  • VERTICALITY: There's no holding back as you attempt to take on more and more treacherous routes to find the perfect vantage point.
  • RUSH: Racing at breakneck speed only gets you so far. To really gain an unworldly edge, build your bar and unleash the invulnerable, euphoric blast of speed and power RUSH!
  • TEAM PLAY: Be part of the team and attack as a pack working together to earn Points, XP, Medals, Boost and ultimately 'RUSH' to obliterate the opposing team.
  • ALWAYS IN THE ACTION: With no start or finish line Onrush is a constant exhilarating stampede of action.

ONRUSH will be available for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 from June 5th 2018.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

If you like you action fast and furious then head over to the Other Racing Games sub forum to browse or sizeable archive of news and community interaction.

Looking forward to ONRUSH? Interested in this sort of console racing title? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited by a moderator:
To be honest, Codies won't get any money out of my pocket anymore. And even if I wanted to give them any money for this thing I couldn't do it anyway, because no PC.

To be honest, Codies won't get any money out of my pocket anymore. And even if I wanted to give them any money for this thing I couldn't do it anyway, because no PC.

At least it's not from Milestone. Good to see they won't have a PC release, it's not like we wanted to play it anyway.

seems UE4 to me

Pretty sure they are using their own engine, the one they used in DriveClub.

At least it's not from Milestone. Good to see they won't have a PC release, it's not like we wanted to play it anyway.

To be fair to them, they are used to make playstation exclusive games. To launch a game on Xbox is already a new thing for them, also making a proper port on pc would probably too much time consuming.

Last edited:
I see the physic is on a par with DiRT Rally.

Such a stupid game, doesn't even deserve a real comment.
Feel pity for that commentator too.
I sense a huge chunk of sadness in his voice for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

To be fair to them, they are used to make playstation exclusive games. To launch a game on Xbox is already a new thing for them, also making a proper port on pc would probably too much time consuming.

If you're referring to Milestone, they've had a PC release of nearly all their games since they were founded. But if you're referring to Codemasters, then it's just lazy. They've been around since the late 80's and we all know their racing games have all been multiplatform. ie. Dirt, Grid and F1 series.

• Deleted member 197115

Milestone is Gravel developer, this game is from Evolution Studio, creators of DriveClub and MotorStorm, they were acquired by Codemaster after Sony shut them down.
Great looking game, going to get it for my kids for sure.

I'm pretty excited. I hate how people dismiss arcade racers as kiddie things; but this is a site for serious simracing so I'm assuming it is to be expected.

There's going to be a PC version coming out, but that will be way after the console releases.

The game looks fine. Not every entry into the racing genre has to be an all work no play simulator. And it's promising to see arcade racers begin to make their resurgence. There's been a trend over the past ten years or so of proper arcade racing games going extinct, and any serious attempt at reversing that trend is good in my book.

I guess I'm from more old school generation of racing games, the ones which had suspension and flex implemented, at least if even very simplified, but they were there. When NFS U came out i was disappointed by the "brick" behaviour of those cars. Even for arcade, that felt just plain dead. And since then all arcade games have that "brick" behaviour. So Gravel or this one? Sorry, none for me. Can it be fun, if it had some physics? Hell yes. Take 1nsane. BeamNG. Wreckfest (but it's obviously better with a wheel). But let's get back to 1nsane. The driving model itself was quite easy, no problem with driving even with keyboard. At the same time, the physics included proper suspension, chassis flex, chassis deformation (i guess that was the first predecessor of BeamNG), so each time you jump from a hill or mountain, or crash into something - your car is basically totalled. But, like in BeamNG, you can restore the car and go on, it just takes few seconds of waiting. Also there was an option to get the car back from roof to wheels, not just resetting, but the way the cars are actually rolled back on wheels by hands of few people. That, combined with very dynamic game modes, was tons of fun. And it had physics. And it was still playable and enjoyable arcade game. You could go for Baja, hunt for gates, go all out and roll over at some hill, then you could lose a wheel, or misalign the chassis. And then you had choice to go on with that broken vehicle (which was laughable as hell), or take 5 seconds for repair. Strategy. :D "Fun" fact: there was a sequel for 1nsane, made by completely different team, just people who were fans of original title. And it had all game modes, game mechanics from first title, and it had nice graphics. But it lacked that flexy physics, it was more to NFSU "bricky" style. And that lack of just 1 element just ruined all fun factor of that game.
What's the point in throwing the brick cars around the track? Where's fun in that? Maybe I'm too old for that... but there are literally hundreds of smartphone games that do just that. From a console or PC (which is not the case here obviously) I always expected something bigger...
Having said all that, have to say it looks damn fantastic. I'd love to look at wireframe and shader structure of those waterfalls, how are they made.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back