F1 2012 Gamebug game unplayable

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi,

I bought F1 2012 a couple of days ago (yeah, I know its not the latest one but it was on sale)
but I'm totally and utterly stuck by a game killing bug in the YDT.

Its the Hairpin test on day one. its simply impossible to do, as my car will not accelerate up to 185 mph before braking for the red zone.

I have tried the McLaren, Ferrari and RBR, also tried TC on and off, manual and auto gears, controller, wheel and keyboard control but still I cannot do this test which means career mode is locked!!

I've even watched people doing it on youtube, for some reason their car accelerates FAR quicker than mine through 6-7th gears.

is there a way of bypassing the YDT? because if not, I'll have to apply for a refund as I bought the game only for career mode (I never play online) and if a bug is stopping me from accessing that, its only right I should get a refund.

Hmm.. I was kind of hoping one of you experts might say 'oh yes that bug, this is how you get around it...'

:)

Go to My F1=>Difficulty then scroll down that box and choose a lower difficulty than the one you have there. The AMATEUR level being the last one, it should not be difficult to pass it. If that doesn't let you pass the YDT, you can go back to the garage and from there, exit the YDT by choosing QUIT TO MAIN MENU. From there, you should have a choice between Marussia, HRT, and (perhaps) Catherham teams for your 1st year career.

Good luck. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back