Game stuttering after a few laps

I'm playing the digital version of the game and it's working fine for 5-6 laps. However, after some time it starts to stutter a lot and drops down to like 1-5 fps. I thought it might be an issue with my HDD (game can't read data properly etc.) but I've just used the WD Tool to run a thorough test and it finished without finding a single error. I've not experienced this problem with any of the other games installed on the same partition of said HDD.

Please find attached my DXDIAG.txt, my system consists of the components listed below.

Intel i7-3770
16GB Corsair RAM
ASUS P8Z77-V PRO
PoV GTX680
Corsair 850W PSU
Western Digital 1500GB S-ATA 2 HDD (GSC 2012, pCARS, rFactor 2 etc.)
OCZ Agility 3 60GB SSD (Swap file limited to 12GB on said SSD, Windows 7 Professional 64Bit)

I'm sure it's unrelated but I'm also using a display connected to the game through the SimDash software.

The whole system has been built and installed around 8-10 weeks ago and it's working fine with every other game. Any ideas?

(I sent the same message to Reiza Studios (minus the SimDash part, I forgot to add this :/) but thought someone on here might know a solution as well.)

Tom

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    28.6 KB · Views: 479
Do you have the circuit map enabled? From what I understand, Nvidia cards and the file d3d9.dll which is for the map causes issues. I deleted the file and the stuttering went away (I'm using a Asus GTX 570).

The other thing would be making sure v-sync is turned off.

Do you have the circuit map enabled? From what I understand, Nvidia cards and the file d3d9.dll which is for the map causes issues. I deleted the file and the stuttering went away (I'm using a Asus GTX 570).

The other thing would be making sure v-sync is turned off.

It was enabled by default - so I'll try deleting the d3d9.dll / disabling the map tonight. V-Sync is turned off already. :)

Thanks!

I believe that the file d3d9.dll is used for more heads up displays, so it makes sence that removing it, disables trackmap and perhaps even more.

I would strongly advice not to delete it, but to rename it to d3d9.dll_old or something like that. That way, you can always undo it when it does not have the wanted effect on the game, instead of being forced to do a complete re-install.

I haven't had any issues with performance of the game, also after a few races or laps.

Did you check the PC Resourses? Don't know if you are able to, but try to run the game in windowed mode, and open the TASKMANAGER on the PERFORMANCE tab. Check to see if, after a lap or 4, the usage of memory or CPU time goes up as well. You can also check the usage on process level, but I am not sure which file name to watch, and can't check it on this computer ;)

I have the Same Problem, i think and feel, After the New update i have a Lot of microstutters.
My System: win7 64 Bit, CPU i7 4,5 GHz, 2 x gtx680 sli.

Bevore i have install the Update, i have Constant Smooth 60 Frames. Now i have with the Vers. 1.1 microstutters and the framerate moved without any reasons suddenly from 60 Down to 52.

Whats going wrong? Ist the reason the 2 maps that i have installed with track Map and hydHUD?

I believe that the file d3d9.dll is used for more heads up displays, so it makes sence that removing it, disables trackmap and perhaps even more.

I would strongly advice not to delete it, but to rename it to d3d9.dll_old or something like that. That way, you can always undo it when it does not have the wanted effect on the game, instead of being forced to do a complete re-install.

I haven't had any issues with performance of the game, also after a few races or laps.

Did you check the PC Resourses? Don't know if you are able to, but try to run the game in windowed mode, and open the TASKMANAGER on the PERFORMANCE tab. Check to see if, after a lap or 4, the usage of memory or CPU time goes up as well. You can also check the usage on process level, but I am not sure which file name to watch, and can't check it on this computer ;)

Sure do, always making backups. :)

Also, yes I did. It's using about 30-50% of what's available (CPU, RAM) and isn't maxing out the GFX card either (going up to ~75° Celsius instead of the usual 80° Celsius in Skyrim, Crysis 2, Future Soldier etc.). I guess it's pretty hard for any game to use all the power available. Future Soldier can go below 30 FPS (because it's using a bad engine) and Crysis 2 can go down to 25 FPS. But only after I installed the DX11 + HD textures pack. :D

Oh I didn't know this either. So getting rid of the file completely makes things to smoother?

I'll let you know tonight (at work atm), maybe disabling the minimap in-game (KEYPAD_0 afaik) could solve it as well. :)

There is a thread here where the removal of the d3d9.dll is discussed; it was also suggested that the use of a "Wombat d3d9.dll" from an rFactor forum which you'll find via Google.

Of course one should make back-ups of files before deleting etc - I thought that was a given and didn't need to be stated ;)

Perhaps someone from Reiza can confirm the fix.

It looks like disabling the minimap (by pressing KEYPAD_0) fixed the main issue. However, sometimes the game drops to exactly 30 FPS for no reason (VSync is disabled in both the config & GFX card drivers). I've changed VSync in the driver settings to AUTOMATICALLY DISABLED instead of APPLICATION CONTROLLED. Will test again tomorrow.

Anyway, I had lots of fun until...

Well, so this was the first time I'm actually playing GSC2012 for real (drove a few laps yesterday but all on my own and the fastest lap was around 2 minutes, during the race it is like 1 minute 40 seconds). I started from 32nd because I skipped qualifying and when this occured I was around 500m away from the finish line and made it up to 9th.

I guess the tyres just didn't want me to finish. Or maybe I should've finished 9th instead of trying to squeeze the last bit out of my tyres by using PUSH-TO-PASS. Still, game is great fun. :)

Edit: checked the shots, it's exactly 30 FPS when they drop. So it's most likely related to VSync despite VSync being turned off. :(

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 107 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 140 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 199 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 381 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 520 38.5%