Game Stock Car Extreme v1.21 Released

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
Hex.png

Main changelog for v1.21:

• Corrected bug that caused CTD on startup in some systems (no longer requires adding a DEP exception for GSC.exe)
  • Lots of optimization work to improve FPS / stuttering issues
  • F-Extreme physics reviewed to rectify a few errors
  • AI revised for improved behavior and minimizing difficulties with tighter corners
  • Multiple qualifying rules introduced in v1.20 have been temporarily removed to fix some errors - it will be added back in the next update.
INSTALLATION:

Full v1.21 links below - now a 5-part 7.10GB installer:

Mirror 1 (thanks to NRT):

PART 1
PART 2
PART 3
PART 4
PART 5

Mirror 2 (thanks to SRE):

PART 1
PART 2
PART 3
PART 4
PART 5

Mirror 3 (thanks to Virtual Motorsport):

PART 1
PART 2
PART 3
PART 4
PART 5

If you had already updated from v1.15 to v1.20:

Run GSC Sync to update, or unrar this package into your GSC2013 folder, overwriting files when prompted.

If you already have v1.15 but had not yet updated to v1.20:

Check the info below:
Game Stock Car Extreme v1.21 is now available

IMPORTANT:
Mods that have loose files that conflict with original game files will cause trouble - make sure your "Shared" folder in particular is clean before you update. For the same reason mods & addon tracks might require some updating in order to work properly.

Full v1.21 installers will come shortly. In the meantime if you don´t have the game yet, head to www.game-stockcar.com.br, download the full v1.15 installer and update to v1.21 with GSC Sync or one of the update packages below.

If you already have GSC2013 v1.15 installed, you may update to version 1.21 by running GSC Sync from your root GSC2013 folder.

Alternatively, download the update packages below (2.3GB in size) and unrar the contents into your GSC2013 folder, overwriting files when prompted:

GSC Extreme v1.21 UPDATE (link 1 - thanks to Sim Racing Evolution)
GSC Extreme v1.21 UPDATE (link 2 - thanks to NRT)
GSC Extreme v1.21 UPDATE (link 3)

Main changelog for v1.20:

Content

Cars:
  • Added Stock Car V8 2014 season to Stock Car V8 series
  • Added Formula Extreme series
  • Added Formula Vee series
  • Completed full Formula V12 field + updated graphics
Tracks:
  • Buenos Aires (4 layouts)
  • Spielberg (2 layouts)
  • Spielberg Historic
Features & fixes:
  • Added DRS functionality + rules (for F-Extreme / f-Reiza)
  • Added option to restrict prime / option tire compound selections per track
  • Revised tire physics on all cars in preparation to new tire model features currently in development
  • Added multiple tire compound options with corresponding tirewall colors to F-Extreme / F-Reiza
  • Adjusted dirty air physics for more realistic behavior
  • Adjusted engine cooling properties in all cars
  • Adjusted AI performance for wider range specially in lower strentgh settings, and more consistency all around from track to track, series to series
  • Fixed bug with AI performance discrepancy from quali to race (RaceQualRatio=XX parameter now works in AIW files, lower than 1.0 value will result in slower qual times relative to race, higher values will do the opposite. By default AI should be about 2% faster in quali; remains an issue with AI being too quick in practice sessions)
  • Increased rearview mirror resolution for all cars
  • Corrected FOV / POV + tv cameras to the same standards for all cars
  • Updated rumble sounds to be more "bassy" on all cars (for Buttkicker and other similar systems)
  • Adjusted trackside cameras in all tracks for more realistic framing / tracking
  • Adjusted some inconsistent road & terrain properties, fixing some overdone high frequency bumps
  • Various environmental / lightining enhancements (new skies / fog and other updated shaders);
  • Introduced new Foliage shader which looks better & is more optimized to provide performance boost
  • Added 3d tyre lods at Granja Viana to help ease performance issues
  • Added 3d Armco at Interlagos

Known issues:
  • The F-Extreme ERS system has been simplified for this release - basically, the battery is fully charged all the time and the power blending still needs work, meaning the driveability under throttle is not quite what it should be yet;
  • The AI for the F-Extreme does not use 8th gear or DRS;
  • The hard compound for the F-Extreme & F-Reiza does ot have its proper orange Pirelli sidewall label.
  • Championship races are being awarded double points.
All these should be sorted out in time for the next update.

Please direct your bug reports on v1.21 to this thread.

For issues installing / running / setting up GSCE, please refer to our FAQ first before posting.

In need of support with Serial Number renewals or fingerprint mismatches? Please send an email to support@reizastudios.com or contact us via PM here supplying the email used in your purchase so we can better assist you.

Last edited:
Couple of niggles/suggestions.

1. Every time I launch the game it dumps a "desktop.ini" on my desktop. Doesn't matter how I launch the game (direct exe launch, shortcut etc).
I'm very precious about my Desktop real-estate :redface: and would love to know if there's a way to stop this, or if it can be fixed.

2. Not knowing all the tracks too well (though enjoying all of them) I'm never too sure which track is going to suit which car. It's only when you launch an F1 on a Kart track that you realise something may be wrong with this picture..... :O_o:
Would be really nice to have some info on the track pictures in the selection menu, even if it's just track length to help better match tracks to car types.

3. The Vee's on High rather than Max settings have a really screwed up steering wheel and cockpit. Weird cross-hatched looking texture glitches. Just me? Tried both original and wombats dll's and re-sync'd my files and still the same.

Good points Poet.
The dump seems to be version related. Don't know if it will remain in version 1.25 though. Or it might be for support purposes. Will have to ask Reiza I guess.

As for the tracks - track details should be displayed upon selection, but I think it wouldn't be too difficult to group certain tracks together in the .gdb files (Venue will group Tracks together on the selection list). I do it with ours because that way it's easier to select only a certain group of tracks for a specific class.

For me the wombats .dll worked a charm. Running everything on Max and also tested with 33 AI on the Grid. No lag whatsoever. And I do not even have a kickass system - i5, 8GB ram and GTX 550 TI which is probably outdated long ago.

Is the following Info what you were referring to earlier?

IMG-20140917-WA0001.jpg

Woah, how did you get that screen?

I pick a car group, then go Quick Race usually and there's just a drop down list of tracks with just a simple picture of the track attached to each, no info.

IMG-20140917-WA0000.jpg
o... can you please help me understand where you find Quick Race? Coz as far as I know there's only 3 options, Test race, Race Weekend or Career.
Or is that perhaps because I am not using the same User Interface.

P.S. I am using the one above.

It is a UI that was initially made for rFactor, but since it's the same game engine than GSC, it wasn't difficult to make it work for GSC. And I also added menu items unique to GSC like Amount of Qualifying sessions etc.
The only other thing that needs work is the showroom. Would like to have a proper garage or perhaps car show type of showroom.

Sorry, might be race weekend.

Anyway, I pick that and get this screen (obviously says Race Weekend or whatever rather than "Test Day".

beztytuum9r3m.jpg

Scant info on the tracks. Would be nice to have at least race distance.

That's a nice interface. Care to share or tell me how I go about changing mine?
Thanks in advance!

Couple of niggles/suggestions.

1. Every time I launch the game it dumps a "desktop.ini" on my desktop. Doesn't matter how I launch the game (direct exe launch, shortcut etc).
I'm very precious about my Desktop real-estate :redface: and would love to know if there's a way to stop this, or if it can be fixed.

I think by default you do have a desktop.ini on your desktop. It is just usually hidden from you. Also check if you don't have other files that were created in your desktop or GSC folder like autorun.ini You might have a virus. Just in case. It does not mean you do have a virus. Just a suggestion to look at.

Hi,
Thanks for the response.
I always show all hidden files on my machines (MCSE for 10 years).
I remove the default desktop.ini that Windows creates, and it never gets re-created.
However every time I launch GSCE it creates a new one on the Desktop. I can delete it and it goes away, until the next time I launch GSCE.
I suspect it's something in the exe that is launching some asset in the Desktop space rather than the game folder.
It's not a game-breaker by any means, and not doing any real harm. Just an annoying niggle with the game. :)

@Hennie Otto @Angelq117 You will both stop it right there, thank you. The thread is meandering like a river with an itch; let's keep it on topic and not turn it into an argument. I don't want to see any more about it, not even in response to me. PM each other if you need to. And if you feel the need to not-so-subtly promote your own championship do it in this thread instead. Thank you, back to topic now.

Hi,
Thanks for the response.
I always show all hidden files on my machines (MCSE for 10 years).
I remove the default desktop.ini that Windows creates, and it never gets re-created.
However every time I launch GSCE it creates a new one on the Desktop. I can delete it and it goes away, until the next time I launch GSCE.
I suspect it's something in the exe that is launching some asset in the Desktop space rather than the game folder.
It's not a game-breaker by any means, and not doing any real harm. Just an annoying niggle with the game. :)
Hope you find your issue & drive happely ever after. :D

http://www.mediafire.com/download/8h1t4qitay72duu/GSC_RLSA_MOD.rar

None of the things included in this mod belongs to me, I merely managed to get it working in GSC after a bit of trouble and thought I'd try and save some others a bit of time If they also want to use it.

It includes:
rFDynHud
UI as displayed earlier in this thread
SpotterAddon (Engineer which can be turned up or down in the SpotterAddon itself)
Wombats .dll which helped my FPS a lot

Not sure if its just me, but if i receive a setup it goes to received files folder, but it goes into cyberspace (i know i should save setup, but where does it go?)

silly question i know

@Hennie Otto
First you load the track, then you need to scroll down back to your track folder & save it there. There is also a setting that will enable you to automaticly save the received setups you received. I just cant remember that setting now. Will google it a bit later

1. Go to your .plr file.

2. Scroll to the following line, and set it to 3, like this:
Keep Received Setups="3" // 0=do not accept, 1=keep until next track, 2=keep until exit, 3=keep forever

As Gert said though, would be better, for distinction of which setups are for which track.

Apologies Keith, replied on my cellphone, indeed it was LaunchEfficeny=

At this moment im just trying out different values for it to find sweet spot on pre-launch idle, aswell as not having the car auto shift up after launch.

Edit: As i clicked post, almost straight after managed to get sorted.
In the F_Reiza_engine.ini file look for these three lines:

LaunchEfficiency=0.993 //Default value 0
LaunchRPMLogic=(7800.0, 11000.0) //Default Value LaunchRPMLogic=(15500,17500)
LaunchVariables=3 //default value LaunchVariables=5
*left the values they were in the //fields

LaunchEfficiency -- efficiency (0.0-1.0) of launch control, or 0.0 if N/A
LaunchRPMLogic -- holds RPM in this range before launch
LaunchVariables -- level of traction control used (0-3) and whether auto-upshifting is enabled (add 4); default=7
*Found explanations in an old F1 rFactor MOD

I wonder why sometimes people do not post the solution for others when they find it?

(I'm guessing it is LaunchEfficiency= in the engine file but I have not had time to test it).

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back