Game Stock Car 2013: Pre-Order Available!

Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

Game Stock Car 2013: Pre-Order Available!

Game Stock Car 2013 is now available for pre-order and also available in a pack with Formula Truck. The website hasn't been updated yet so please follow the links below to place your pre-order.

The game will be released, as announced along with the release of some screenshots earlier this month, by the end of September.

Game Stock Car...
[URL='http://www.racedepartment.com/2013/09/game-stock-car-2013-pre-order-available-now/']Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Deleted member 165163

Really looking forward to getting back in to sim racing. This is the sim I have decided to go with. What awesome value!

• Deleted member 165163

Question for Reiza Studios. Are the Stock car models the same or have they changed. I want to start work on some skins but dont want to crack on with the old templates.

FANNNNNNKS!

Question for Reiza Studios. Are the Stock car models the same or have they changed. I want to start work on some skins but dont want to crack on with the old templates.

FANNNNNNKS!

From the Q's needing A's thread.
The texture layout for upgraded content is the same, yeah. However the car bodies (and open wheel helmets) need new alpha layers to get the correct level of reflectivity in 2013. Skins copied across from 2012 will "work" but will be too shiny across the board.
As well as the normal template downloads which will already have the new alphas built in we'll have a separate "conversion" pack up with just the new alphas in. Probably in the form of TGAs you can paste old skins on top of then save out as fresh DDS files. The 2013 StockV8 templates have new contingency sponsor layers, though they can be copied out easily. Or old skin layers can be put into the updated templates, either way.
A little headache perhaps but quite easy to do, particularly compared to having to recreate all your skins. I suppose it'll also allow for a clear distinction between 2012 and 2013 skins, which isn't necessarily a bad thing :p

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 213 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 209 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.4%