Game Stock Car 2012 Release Thread

http://www.racedepartment.com/2012/07/game-stock-car-2012-released/

The long anticipated free update of Game Stock Car is out and users are sharing the content first via torrents. Developer Reiza Studios is currently updating their game website and once completed http links are expected to be released as well.

Please keep seeding the files with the rest of the community and help make the download process go smooth and fast for everybody. We will update this post with the press release, screenshots, videos and other news during the day when more information is unvealed.

Download the torrent here

New to torrents? Quick Nooby Guide here

Visit the GSC 2012 forums for support
Find the English F.A.Q. here
Find the Portuguese F.A.Q. here

Torrent is a bit faster, I am almost at 50%. Still, it's glacial.

Again for pete's sake, those of you that manage to download the whole thing
Keep the torrent program open!!!

So those of us that only manage to ping a single tracker can have a chance to drive this before we are going to bed (in the US)

Thank you

Here is a strange one: My GSC2012 is missing the gsc.exe file

I have gsc.ini but not the EXE.
I seem to remember that happening earlier either on GSC or elsewhere gmotor2 related and I fixed it by renaming or impting the file, but I am not sure what to do here...

Any ideas?

EDIT: When I installed it the first time, I got an error that the installer could not read some source files. At the time I clicked on "retry" and it proceeded fine. When I tried to install it now, it did it again. However, this time I aborted and tried again running the installer as "administrator".
When I did that, I had the target directory open and I saw a couple of files appearing and disappearing quickly. One of theem could have been the EXE file. Then anotehr file appeared and did not disappear and this file is the GSC Dedicated.exe file.

I am wondering of my AV is recognizing the EXE file as an infected file?

Yes, I installed into games/gsc2012

I found the culprit: My AV was deleting the EXE file and a few others. I still had to install as Admin, but this time I suspended the AV protection for 15 minutes and all the files are now there.

What are the best settings for these values in the INI file?
(I have 6GB of RAM and 1.5GBof VRAM)

MasterPlayerFile=
CPURating=5
SystemRAM=0
VideoRAM=3788
ObjDetail=0
TexDetail=1
VideoDriver=0
VideoMode=62
VideoRefresh=0
WindowedMode=1
RunBenchmarks=0
FSAA=35
VSync=0
ShaderLevel=3
SubViews=0
WidescreenUI=1
CustomVidRes=(0, 0)

What are the best settings for these values in the INI file?
(I have 6GB of RAM and 1.5GBof VRAM)

MasterPlayerFile=
CPURating=5
SystemRAM=0
VideoRAM=3788
ObjDetail=0
TexDetail=1
VideoDriver=0
VideoMode=62
VideoRefresh=0
WindowedMode=1
RunBenchmarks=0
FSAA=35
VSync=0
ShaderLevel=3
SubViews=0
WidescreenUI=1
CustomVidRes=(0, 0)

By the way, I looked at my settings for ARCA and I recalled that when I first installed it it looked extremely poor (never got that much better but we are talking 1990's poor) then I read an article that said tio make sure the values were as follows for these values and in ARCA it made a great deal of difference. Suddenly textured appeared I had never seen:

CPURating=5
SystemRAM=6144
VideoRAM=3802
ObjDetail=5
TexDetail=5

The RAM values I calculated based on my system and some simple math in the post at the ARCA forum. I had never done this optimization to the original GSC, but I figured it's worth a shot.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back