Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
gsc12_01.jpg

Click here for the full gallery of images

Hi, I must say GREAT WORK!!! In first place THANKS for great sim. For my opinion the best TOP sim right now. I only have one "request". Tracks are fantastic, but only thing that is missing is tire on it. Thay looks to clean. It would be great to add some tire and skid marks on track (GFX effect) . Like in video.

Great job

L.

I've tried to get a few friends to buy Game Stock Car, telling them that the game has much more realistic physics compared to most other racing games on the shelf. Game stock Car also has has very loud "growling" car engine sounds that make other racing games feel wimpy, lol. The only thing my friends complained about after watching a few gameplay movies was... that there were no hands on the steering wheel in the cockpit view. I told them that normally you would turn the steering wheel "off", which hides it completely, since you are already staring at your own real hands on your own real steering wheel. No need to see 2 wheels, right? But I do think it might drive more sales to have some animation of hands turning the wheel in cockpit view rather than the current ghost driver.

The only other thing that I would change about the game is... hmm. Not much really. When I first installed the game and started playing it I noticed right away that the game does not have realistic lighting from the sun, so there are no shadows that cast through the car as it drives around the track. I don't know what would be involved in trying to implement new lighting physics into the game, but I think it would make an enormous difference as far as true "realistic" feeling goes. One of my friends that has raced on the real Interlagos track told me that one of the turns on the track is called "The Sun" because when you take the turn - the sun is always in your eyes. I noticed that in the control settings that there was a control for "Headlights", so I was kind of assuming that Reiza might have some sort of future plans to add a "Time of Day" setting to the game allowing he ability to set the time to sunset, night, etc - I hope. And some atmosphere like humidity, fog etc would be great too. Rain might be a too big of a request, but maybe add wet roads?

The current StockV8 car template DLC's used for creating custom car skins for GSC are great, but they are too small in size and cause the skins to looks a little pixelated, blurry and stretched in the game, so I had to resize the templates psd files to be x2 in size and then the skins I made came out looking great, except the decals that came with the template looked blurry and lost their quality after the template was resized larger. If you could please release some new templates that include the new 2011 series cars and also make them larger in size/dimension. For instance, the body psd file is 2048x1024 in the template, but it should be at least 4096x2048 to retain the best quality in the game and also retain the good quality decals. Obviously I am excited about creating some new skins when the new update releases.

That's all. I loved the sneak peek movie. The new changes look great. Keep up the good work!

• Deleted member 130869

The one additional thing I'd like to see would be more trackside/infield people, for some atmosphere. Looking forward to this :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back