Game Stock Car 2012 FAQ (English)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
General

I bought the original GSC, do I have to buy GSC 2012?

No, GSC 2012 is free for all owners of the original GSC. You may just use the same Serial Number you got with your original purchase

Will GSC 2012 work on a Mac / iPad / xBox?

Game Stock Car 2012 is a Game for Windows PC. It might work in a Mac with a Windows emulator, but that option is not supported. Please check the minimum / recommended specs

Installation / Activation

I already have the original GSC installed and activated on my PC, how do I install GSC2012?

On the same drive (very important in order to avoid potential error 513 from occurring), different folder (default is GSC2012). With the Digital version, it should start straight away without prompting your for activation.

Do I only get 3 activations with my Serial Number?

At once, yes. If you run out of activations, you may request a renewal of your Serial Number. Contact sales@reizastudios.com for Serial Number related requests.

I have lost my Serial Number or run out of activations, what can I do?

Contact sales@reizstudios.com , supplying the email you used in your purchase (or a copy of the Nota Fiscal / DVD cover with Serial Number, in case of DVD)

Game options & settings

Will the original GSC add-ons be compatible with GSC 2012?

They should be, yes.

WIll the skins I did for the original GSC work in GSC 2012?

Not for the Stock Cars, as the cars have been completely remodelled. It will work for the formula cars, except for the helmets which are also new.

Why are the 2010 Stock Cars no longer available?

Technical and licensing limitations prevent them from being included in the 2012 update.

What is the right Steering Wheel configuration for these cars?

In the CONTROLS menu there are presets for many of the popular steering wheels on the market. Those are the best base settings for the Game, though you might prefer mapping buttons to your own preference.

The game and the default car setups are suitable to 270 degrees of rotation by default, adequate to the standards of most game controllers. For a more realistic steering ratio, we recommend setting wheel rotation to 540 degrees and a steering lock (located in the in-game garage Menu) around 22 degrees for the Stock V8s and the Formula cars. For the Camaro, 900 degrees of rotation and the maximum in-game steering lock of 33 degrees is most appropriate.

Make sure to also update the “steering wheel range=” parameter accordingly in your profile´s controller.ini, so that the in-game wheel rotation match that of your controller.

How do I adjust the head movement in the Cockpit view?

Go to Options -> Controls -> Controller 2 -> Adjust the Head movement slider (0%-100%). This only works in the full cockpit view.

How does Push-to-Pass work?

Push-to-pass adds an extra 500 RPM + 50 HP to the engine temporarily to assist overtaking. It can only be used in races, up to 8 times, and with an interval of two and half minutes between uses.

How do I get Push-to-Pass working?

Simply assign a button to 'Push to Pass' in the Controller 1 menu and then press this button in race mode when you wish to use it. A message will tell you how long before you can use it again.

How do I turn the Trackamp on/off?

Press NumPad 0 to cycle between rotating, fixed and off. You can map a different button to this function by editing TrackMapConf.txt in the GSC\Plugins\TrackMap.

How do I get a clearer view from the rear mirrors?

We have modelled the rear parts of the car to be visible in the mirrors for extra depth and immersion – you don´t get a clear view in a race car! You may however disable these elements if you so prefer, by editing your .PLR file inside USERDATA\(your name) folder. Look for the parameter Self In Cockpit Rearview="15" , and change the “15” to “0” to get a clear view.

I see some cars have different cockpit / steering wheel details from others. How can I change that in my custom car?

Both the StockV8 (6 types of dash profiles) and Formula 3 (two types of steering wheel / dash profiles) can vary from each other according to the genstring setting in the car´s .veh file (inside GSC\gamedata\vehicles\(car\team). Documentation on these variables can be found in the template packages of each car on the Downloads section

Which ports do I need to open on a dedicated server in order to host?

TCP port 34747 must be opened. In addition to this, the UDP port numbers are listed in the multiplayer.ini as 34597 and 34697 by default need to be opened. You need to open from these two UDP numbers upwards for each server you have open.

Troubleshooting

Installation stops with an error in file “X”;

Such errors usually derive from a corrupted download. Try downloading again, use a download manager to avoid such errors.

I can´t install or run GSC;

Make sure to run the Game executable with Windows admin rights; if the user is not a Windows administrator, just right-click on the icon and select “run as admin”.

I can´t activate the Game;

Make sure that 1) The computer is connected to the internet; 2) the Serial Number was typed in correctly and in the appropriate place; 3) That there is no Firewall or Antivirus interfering with the activation process.

Why do I get mixed Stock V8 / Camaro or Formula Reiza / Formula Classic races?

On your initial run with a fresh player profile (.PLR), this might happen. Go back to the menu, select another series, and it should sort itself out.

I have invisible cars / really poor performance.

You´re running way higher settings than your system can handle and GSC is struggling to cope. Try turning down graphical settings – opponent detail, shadows, texture detail and visible vehicles provide the bigger performance gains.

I´m getting error 513 when attempting to start the Game.

The error 513 indicates that the Game register may have been corrupted, which could happen if you activate the Game multiple times in the same PC.

To fix the 513 error - try deleting the "reiza" folder located in the folder "Application Data" or "ProgramData" depending on your Windows version.

If necessary, you can use the Windows search function to locate the folder "reiza" folder. It will be a system folder so your Windows must be configured for system folder / files to be visible.
If the error persists, you´ll need to reinstall the game. Use the uninstaller of the game, make sure to delete the "reiza" folder, reinstall the game again and perform the activation process with your Serial Number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 225 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 156 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 153 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.7%