Game startup problem

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by Rhys Gardiner, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Rhys Gardiner

Rhys Gardiner

Ratings:
    +769
    Hey guys,

I went to start up GSC today and I got the following message:

[​IMG]

Any idea what may be wrong?

Rhys

2. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni
    Reiza Studios Premium

Ratings:
    +3,621
    Make sure to run the Game as admin (right-click Game icon, "run as admin").

3. Rhys Gardiner

Rhys Gardiner

Ratings:
    +769
    I'm on Windows XP, and my computer's only user account is the Admin account. However, I clicked "run as..." and unticked the box that protects the computer from unauthorised program activity. AVG gave a warning, which I dismissed, and the game now works.

Very strange, because I've run the game many times before today without any problems. I wonder why it only started malfunctioning now...?

4. Dave Walter

Dave Walter

Ratings:
    +2
    I get this error message but i'm on windows 7 ever since the mini upgrade,so i reinstalled with complete digital version and still i get the errors beginning to annoy me now as windows 7 pro seeming to be the issue just can't seem to find the answer.....may try dvd version just in case

This is what i get when i try to install either version pre or post Mini,digital or dvd ,i'm running out of options on the permission fronts other than a complete reinstall of windows.....

5. Dave Walter

Dave Walter

Ratings:
    +2
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/819/gscerror.png/

6. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    Axe Travels Premium

Ratings:
    +3,191
    Which location did you do the install, and under which account are you logged into Windows?

This is a rights matter as far as I can see it. I suspect you installed the game in Program Files.
    I strongly advise to install in a different folder, e.g. c:\games\GSC2012.

I run the (digital version) game on Win7 without any issues.

7. Dave Walter

Dave Walter

Ratings:
    +2
    I install in default location C:\GSC2012,i've tried Program files (x86) to no joy,i am admin there are no other accounts on the poota,i'll give "c:\games\GSC2012" a try and get back to you................

Same thing happened,may try the total reinstall .................windows et al....................

8. Dave Walter

Dave Walter

Ratings:
    +2
    Just reinstalled win 7 64bit and GSC2012 it all went tickety boo so now the moment of truth.......................

Well it works.....bloody perculiar....