Game run ok in 1600*900 but run badly even in 1280*720 if recording o_O"

So thats my problem as title shown, many thanks for every working suggestion or advise :)
My Spec -->
my_sepc.jpg

Play & record games with much stunning graphic like Grid 2 / F1 2013 / Splinter Cell Blacklist without any problem or lag issue but seriously lag record this GSC2013 even i down resolution to 1280*720 :sleep:

Last edited:
What software are you using for video capture?
Bandicam. By the way i really believe its the game that need some serious tweak since all the other games which have stunning graphic can play & record smooth without problem.
Also my GPU has 1GB ram like this -->
gpu_spec.jpg

but GSC Config only detect something like this -->
my_sepc.jpg

weird ...
By the way thanks for your time.

Not sure what's causing you issue? I've only used FRAPS and it seems to record GSC2013 fine?
Thats why i say this game has weird issue, i play all the new game in 1600*900 with at least medium setting & record without any problem but this GSC2013 i can play smooth in 1600*900 but must down to 1280*720 (all low setting) when recording to get 90% smooth gameplay .. it should not be like that since this game graphic is very old fashion. I get 450fps+- actually but looks like it just some useless number cause when i start record the game lag abit here & there :sleep:

I would suspect Video Capture would be more CPU related rather than GPU.
Yeah i do agree with that but how to explain i can record flawless with game like Grid 2 / F1 2013 / Splinter Cell Blacklist but not this one ?? This GSC2013 has the most out-dated graphic but it take more load from CPU than the other 3 games which feature superb graphic ?? Doesnt make sense to me, at all :cool:

It maybe as pretty as these other games look, there isn't much really going on in the background as there are with TRUE sim games ;)
Yeah again i agree this game is all about true sim not the graphic, in fact thats the main reason i pre-order this game since i more & more interested into serious sim racing but thats also the main reason i feel very unacceptable to have recording problem in this game, yeah i know my pc is only some mid end pc but still lag in 1280*720 with all low setting ??
Come on ..... Reiza Studios gotta do something :sleep::sleep::sleep:

I have to take Grid 2 as an example because it has superb stunning graphic & i have no problem at all playing & recording in 1600*900 medium setting .. but graphic out-dated GSC2013 give me lag even in 1280*720 all low setting .
grrrrrr ......... :mad:

I think the graphics for GSC are pretty good and it's known that recording can lower fps in some games so it's not really a problem for Reiza but your recording software.

No not at all but I'm saying maybe your recording software doesn't like GSC
I say GSC2013 not really tweak properly for this purposes, i dont think recording should still lag in 1280*720 with all low setting with game's graphic like this consider other game can be done in 1600*900 with at least medium setting, like this game actually use alot more cpu or gpu power when recording compare to other game but that should not be the case.
By the way thanks for your time.

Then how you explain i can record Grid 2 / F1 2013 without problem ?? Are you suggesting GSC2013 graphic better than that 2 games ??

I'm not a games programmer but I do understand programming and would suggest that just because something looks much better graphically, doesn't mean it's actually more demanding on the processors. A bad paint job on a Ferrari doesn't mean it uses less fuel than fully kitted up Mini Cooper, if that analogy works for you?

I'm not a games programmer but I do understand programming and would suggest that just because something looks much better graphically, doesn't mean it's actually more demanding on the processors. A bad paint job on a Ferrari doesn't mean it uses less fuel than fully kitted up Mini Cooper, if that analogy works for you?
Yes i understand theory like this & thats the main reason i say this game need to reprogram or tweak abit because a game that has such graphic but high demand on cpu or gpu is a fail.
I will not complain something like "Oh i get lag when recording Crysis 3 in 1920*1080 with all ultra setting" because i know for sure my pc cant handle that, but this is not Crysis 3.
i do know whats my pc limit so i dont play 1920*1080 + highest setting in Grid 2 or F1 2013 or other new game but they all do very fine in 1600*900 + medium setting so again a game with such lower graphic but high demand on cpu or gpu is a fail, at least in my point of view.
I do hope the final version can at least tweak abit on this method :whistling:

I think there is more demand on the CPU+GPU because of TRUE physics going on in the background. All the stuff you don't necessarily see. Having said all this, I have made recordings @1600x900 with GSC2013 and having no issues with it. If I set Fraps to 60fps recording it lags. If I set it @ 50fps it records silky smooth. Perhaps you should lower the FPS capture that?

I think there is more demand on the CPU+GPU because of TRUE physics going on in the background. All the stuff you don't necessarily see. Having said all this, I have made recordings @1600x900 with GSC2013 and having no issues with it. If I set Fraps to 60fps recording it lags. If I set it @ 50fps it records silky smooth. Perhaps you should lower the FPS capture that?
Not sure how true about the "TRUE physics going on in the background" because my pc can record nK-Pro in 1920*1080 + all highest setting super smooth without any problem at all.
Ok i think i give it a try changing the record fps since already run out of option, in fact the recording get smoother after i change the audio setting to "Low" & Number of Effects to 8 but still not smooth enough. i wonder if there a way to totally turn off the "Number of Effects" option.
GSC_2013_10_13_19_35_59_870.jpg

Thanks for your time :thumbsup:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 75 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 111 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 151 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 288 27.5%