Game performance, random image freeze for milliseconds, it's driving me crazy!

As the title says i am facing random hicups / freezes with buzzing sound (they last for some milliseconds) in games (tried both ams2 and rf2 as i am a racing enthusiast, but i guess it is game independent). It can be 1 small freeze every 20-30 minutes or so

Those freezes are visible in game replays, like the one i recorded in the link below (from ams2 game):

https://vimeo.com/manage/videos/611769237

(you can see a small image freeze/hic up between 3 and 5 second of the video).

The buzzing sound resembles to this one here (but mine is very very quick)

(in 1'.02'')

At first, i thought it was an AMS2 related issue, but sometimes i get the same random freeze in rF2 too (these are the games i usually play most of the times), so i think it is smth outside those games (and rather in my setup)? The funny think is that they started in sudden without to touch anything on my rig (just the regular updates through windows update channel and gpu)
:confused:

I am on win10 pro, 21H1 v, with all my drivers, chipset on the latest versions. Tried almost everything. Any idea / though is highly recommended as this is driving me crazy..

There is also a post in AMS2 foums (by me)

My pc specs:

Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6 - 4.2GHz, Mobo MSI A320M PRO-M2, 16 GB DDR4-3000MHz, Inno 3D GeForce RTX 2070 8GB Twin X2, M.2 SSD, 1 TB HDD, Win10 Professional x64, 1st Monitor Dell P2411H, 2nd Monitor Dell S2721HGF @ 144hz, Gt Omega Art Simulator Cockpit with RS6 seat, Logitech G27 Wheel + Pedals (3DRap.it brake mod) + Gear Shifter with 3DRap.it mod cambio v3.5

Last edited:
This kind of problem can be very hard to pin down, and I hope you find a solution somehow.
Have you tried a DPC latency checker? There are a few out there (I think the one I've previously used was called LatencyMon) and it just might help you to establish which driver is involved with the freezes.

Last edited:
As the title says i am facing random hicups / freezes with buzzing sound (they last for some milliseconds) in games (tried both ams2 and rf2 as i am a racing enthusiast, but i guess it is game independent). It can be 1 small freeze every 20-30 minutes or so

Those freezes are visible in game replays, like the one i recorded in the link below (from ams2 game):

https://vimeo.com/manage/videos/611769237

(you can see a small image freeze/hic up between 3 and 5 second of the video).

The buzzing sound resembles to this one here (but mine is very very quick)

(in 1'.02'')

At first, i thought it was an AMS2 related issue, but sometimes i get the same random freeze in rF2 too (these are the games i usually play most of the times), so i think it is smth outside those games (and rather in my setup)? The funny think is that they started in sudden without to touch anything on my rig (just the regular updates through windows update channel and gpu)
:confused:

I am on win10 pro, 21H1 v, with all my drivers, chipset on the latest versions. Tried almost everything. Any idea / though is highly recommended as this is driving me crazy..

There is also a post in AMS2 foums (by me)

My pc specs:

Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6 - 4.2GHz, Mobo MSI A320M PRO-M2, 16 GB DDR4-3000MHz, Inno 3D GeForce RTX 2070 8GB Twin X2, M.2 SSD, 1 TB HDD, Win10 Professional x64, 1st Monitor Dell P2411H, 2nd Monitor Dell S2721HGF @ 144hz, Gt Omega Art Simulator Cockpit with RS6 seat, Logitech G27 Wheel + Pedals (3DRap.it brake mod) + Gear Shifter with 3DRap.it mod cambio v3.5
I used to get something similar. I tracked it down to my HDD which was failing. There were no other indications. I used SeaTools and did a scan which highlighted an issue. I think, from memory, HWiNFO64 also showed an error code or two. Anyway, replaced the HDD, the issue is gone. Don't take my word for it. but it might be worth checking.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back