Game Performance & Hardware Specs

Brian McManus

Steam: Brian Mac
Hi ,
I am just wondering what other peoples frame rates are like .
I am getting 60 frames when hotlapping ,i get a tiny bit of lag i dont see the frames dropping ,maybe 58,59 frames.
I get some lag when running 18 cars .

My game setting are ,

1920x1080 @59hz
Full screen rendering : On
Vertical sync : On
Frame limit : Off
Anisotropic filtering : 2x
Fast approximated anti samples : Off
Shadow resolution : High

World detail : Maximum
Motion blur : Off
Smoke generation : High
Smoke in mirrors : On
Hdr : Off

Mirror resolution : High
High quality mirror
reflection : On
Cubemap resolution : High
Faces per frame : None

I built my machine at the end of 2012
My system specs,

750w Ace Psu

Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H motherboard

Intel Ivy Bridge i5 3570K Quad Core 3.4GHz @ 3.8GHz

Sapphire HD7850 2GB @
Gpu clock,1000MHz
Memory clock ,1400MHz

Corsair Vengance 8GB Ram@1600MHz

Im using a 40 using a samsung 3d smart tv 1080p,300Mhz.

I want to upgrade my graphics card ,i was looking at the gigabyte R9 270X 4gb card.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00HCLLPF4/ref=ox_sc_act_image_4?ie=UTF8&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

It be interesting to know other peoples game settings ,frame rates and system specs.

Any tips on game or systems settings/overclocking would be greatfull.

Faces per frame is the refresh rate of reflections on car..so the lower the number the choppy it gets (reflection).Ideal is max 6..
Cubemap is the resolution of the world reflections...
I`ve set Cubemap at medium and Faces per frame to 5.
AF-x16 --->Good for,the white lines on the edge of the track .Lower number,bad Aniso on that white line
AA-x8
FAAA-OFF
HDR-ON
Shadow res.-High
World detail.-Verry High
Motion blur its optional..i`ve set it to max after playing with it off for some time.
Smoke-Verry Low
Mirror reflection-High
HQ Mirror ref.-ON
Cubemap-medium
Faces per frame-5.

Start grid with 12 AI cars i have 65-70 fps
With 16 AI i have 55-60 fps
WIth 18 AI i have no lower than 45 fps
Anything above 18 AI cars transforms the experience in to this...

I need a better CPU but i am happy with my video card (GTX 760)...
If it doesnt drop below 60 fps (after i replace the CPU) in MP with more than 24 cars then i have no issue.

If you are running a cap or v-sync you will notices faces lower levels but if your uncapped running above your refresh rate like I do at 60hz being on a 2560x1440 screen even half the reflection updates wont be noticed as its still the same as what you see.

Here is a video running an 18 car race after giving the ai my setup they are a little quick with it lol. This is with cube low and 4 faces I normally run cube medium but as i was recording with shadowplay I wanted a few more frames to keep it smooth for me to drive.

Fps dip more then normal at the start and same settings not recording video would be 100 min to about 160 later on, and really racing I cant even tell the difference between low and max res or 4 and 6 faces. On max its a little too shiny medium is a tiny bit nicer then low but fps wise not much between them for me so I normally stick with medium but had low for the video max cube res just eats frames for hardly any benefit visualy.

Everyone will set things up as they like but i dont see why you would have 3 titans and accept the fps to ever go below 60 or even 100. The higher frames reduce input lag greatly and setting v-sync on for me adds at least 1 extra frame of lag. With previous nv drivers i had to cap it at a multiple of my refresh rate to keep it smooth and minimize tearing but the latest beta drivers have no such issues so I just run it uncapped now.

i didnt thought about that ... i will try it tomorow ... thanks:thumbsup:

You can try the afterburner OSD like I use it tells you all you need to know about temps load and frequency. Very handy when trying to make game settings that work best for you. It uses the rivatuner statistics server and you can select what info to show in the OSD, you can just get fps or all the info I have up to show you everything going on critical to your gpu, mem and even cpu.

@martcerv Its possible to work for some and not for others.
PC AMD x4 640@ 3.0 Ghz / 8Gb RAM / GTX 760 2Gb Resolution 1280x1024@ 60Hz
I tested with VSync off and Cubamp LOW/Faces per frame 4 and on same track combo 17AI as you had,i get 54 fps on grid then after the start it drops to 20 fps..when the cars arive in 1rst corner i got 2 fps untill half the cars passes that first corner then it jumps to 60 and in race it oscilates from 45 to 68 fps.
In replay i have 58 on grid and oscilates up to 74 fps with no dips.
The reflection on the cars with cubmap low are to aliased and going from low to medium i see no impact in fps for me.
One thing i agree..Faces per fram at 4 is alright but with VSync OFF the image on my screen tears like this all the time...
Tearing_(simulated).jpg

Last edited:
Didnt work ... micro stuttering started at lap 15 this time ... tryed again with no OC and anisotropic x16 and was super smooth .... i guess my card is just not a good overclocker

Well then it may just be unstable at that clock speed, instead of 1050MHz, maybe try 1000MHz and see how that runs, and if its stable there, go down another 50Mhz. Every card will overclock some, its just a matter of finding out what's stable. Some games will not stress a card as much as others but I can tell you from experience, AC is the most stressful game I've ever seen so far for a video card. My cards run hotter in AC than any other game I got and I have over 70.

Guys, is it just me or since the new Nvidia beta drivers from april 7th made AC even worse to play on SLI? I have asus 670 DC2 in sli, everything maxed out and the game is just lagging all the time...

@martcerv Its possible to work for some and not for others.
PC AMD x4 640@ 3.0 Ghz / 8Gb RAM / GTX 760 2Gb Resolution 1280x1024@ 60Hz
I tested with VSync off and Cubamp LOW/Faces per frame 4 and on same track combo 17AI as you had,i get 54 fps on grid then after the start it drops to 20 fps..when the cars arive in 1rst corner i got 2 fps untill half the cars passes that first corner then it jumps to 60 and in race it oscilates from 45 to 68 fps.
In replay i have 58 on grid and oscilates up to 74 fps with no dips.
The reflection on the cars with cubmap low are to aliased and going from low to medium i see no impact in fps for me.
One thing i agree..Faces per fram at 4 is alright but with VSync OFF the image on my screen tears like this all the time...
Tearing_(simulated).jpg

What is that screenshot from? I've never seen that in AC.

You crack me up :roflmao:..its almost impossible to catch this effect with screenshot from the game..that is just a image for refference on what i see on my screen...lol

No I ask because as I stated before, I ALWAYS use V-sync in games because most games tear badly, but I never see tearing in AC for some reason with V-sync disabled. I think it may be because your framerate is dropping below 60fps. Mine rarely drops below 100fps so I think that's might be the difference. If you're getting tearing you might as well enable V-sync but it will cause some stuttering occasionally especially during replays. Is there any graphic settings you can lower to get your average framerate near 100fps?

You can try the afterburner OSD like I use it tells you all you need to know about temps load and frequency. Very handy when trying to make game settings that work best for you. It uses the rivatuner statistics server and you can select what info to show in the OSD, you can just get fps or all the info I have up to show you everything going on critical to your gpu, mem and even cpu.

I agree, I use EVGA Precision but it also uses the Rivatuner Statistics overlay. I always have my framerate and core clock speeds displayed.

Yes but not with more than 6-8 AI..on lower settings.
My problem is the CPU...thats why i get the low fps when i race with many AI cars.
Oh and yes i get that tearing even with more than 80-90 fps
Is it possible to be the monitor fault because its really old Acer 19"

You crack me up :roflmao:..its almost impossible to catch this effect with screenshot from the game..that is just a image for refference on what i see on my screen...lol

It is impossible to catch that with a screenshot as its caused by the gpu rendering another frame before the last one was fully displayed on the monitor. You could only get it with a photo of your screen if timed well but a screen shot will always be a full solid frame same as a rendered video also will be. The tearing is only on your screen not in how the frame is rendered by the GPU. I was getting this very bad before any fps under 120 but surprisingly with the latest driver there has been no tearing for reasons I dont know.

With SLI if your having issues try and max out both mirrors and shadow resolution or at least play with different settings. There is a bug with SLI atm maybe not for everyone if you have mirrors off but shadows on you lose frames. If you have mirrors on but shadow res anything but max you also lose frames. The second highest shadow setting and any mirror setting will drop me to 35fps in sli. So if your turning off mirrors to save some frames try turning them back on and your frame rate may more then double.

There was another guy at the official forum tearing his hair out trying to sort it out and it was his mirrors off causing the slowdown.

Seriously, try cubemap resolution medium and faces 3. That's a great compromise and I can't really see any noticeable image quality increase beyond that but framerate does take a hit anything above 3 faces per frame. Its well worth any tradeoff in image quality which likely can't be seen to give you some frames back to increase detail somewhere else or increase your minimum frames in large AI grids.

A quick test with medium res & 4 frames just hotlapping gave a steady 150fps. Gonna try with AI when I get a chance.

It is impossible to catch that with a screenshot as its caused by the gpu rendering another frame before the last one was fully displayed on the monitor. You could only get it with a photo of your screen if timed well but a screen shot will always be a full solid frame same as a rendered video also will be. The tearing is only on your screen not in how the frame is rendered by the GPU. I was getting this very bad before any fps under 120 but surprisingly with the latest driver there has been no tearing for reasons I dont know.

With SLI if your having issues try and max out both mirrors and shadow resolution or at least play with different settings. There is a bug with SLI atm maybe not for everyone if you have mirrors off but shadows on you lose frames. If you have mirrors on but shadow res anything but max you also lose frames. The second highest shadow setting and any mirror setting will drop me to 35fps in sli. So if your turning off mirrors to save some frames try turning them back on and your frame rate may more then double.

There was another guy at the official forum tearing his hair out trying to sort it out and it was his mirrors off causing the slowdown.

I knew about the shadow bug in SLI, didn't know that about the mirrors, but I went ahead and maxed that slider out when the patch brought that new setting in the graphics menu so that's probably why I haven't noticed. I usually run smoke at normal setting since it takes too much of a hit at the higher settings and honestly doesn't look night and day better and I disable smoke in mirrors because, well, there's no sense giving up framerate there when I don't really need to see smoke behind me even if is more realistic.

The tricky thing is that everyone has a different system and some settings will have different results for others, also there are likely big differences between single and multi gpu setups.

This is what makes it hard for devs but if people post their settings and results then others with similar can compare if they are getting better worse or same results and try to see if they can figure out why.

With mirrors I just maxed it out and had no hit then tried the lower res and HQ off and it barely made a difference. Then I turned off mirrors completly and lost half my frame rate, thats when I tried to figure out what other setting was causing this and with everything off min settings got around 1000fps then turn shadow res to second highest and mirrors on everything else min still and only got 35fps. The same as with any other settings but those 2 combined seemed to cause the bug for some reason.

Also some apps caused too much of a performance hit but I dont use them much anymore just use dashmeter pro and it u- clutters the screen giving all info I need and no performance hit at all.

Guys, is it just me or since the new Nvidia beta drivers from april 7th made AC even worse to play on SLI? I have asus 670 DC2 in sli, everything maxed out and the game is just lagging all the time...

By lag, do you mean sttuttering? I tend to think of lag only when it relates to online gaming where your internet connection is a factor.

Most people are reporting a slight gain in performance in AC, although I can't say I noticed any, I don't see any decreases either. Check to make sure when you updated drivers that nothing got changed in the Nvidia control panel, sometimes it will reset your settings, and also make sure you re-enabled SLI again, because it will almost always disable SLI when you update drivers, but you may already know this.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back