Game Performance & Hardware Specs

Brian McManus

Steam: Brian Mac
Hi ,
I am just wondering what other peoples frame rates are like .
I am getting 60 frames when hotlapping ,i get a tiny bit of lag i dont see the frames dropping ,maybe 58,59 frames.
I get some lag when running 18 cars .

My game setting are ,

1920x1080 @59hz
Full screen rendering : On
Vertical sync : On
Frame limit : Off
Anisotropic filtering : 2x
Fast approximated anti samples : Off
Shadow resolution : High

World detail : Maximum
Motion blur : Off
Smoke generation : High
Smoke in mirrors : On
Hdr : Off

Mirror resolution : High
High quality mirror
reflection : On
Cubemap resolution : High
Faces per frame : None

I built my machine at the end of 2012
My system specs,

750w Ace Psu

Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H motherboard

Intel Ivy Bridge i5 3570K Quad Core 3.4GHz @ 3.8GHz

Sapphire HD7850 2GB @
Gpu clock,1000MHz
Memory clock ,1400MHz

Corsair Vengance 8GB Ram@1600MHz

Im using a 40 using a samsung 3d smart tv 1080p,300Mhz.

I want to upgrade my graphics card ,i was looking at the gigabyte R9 270X 4gb card.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00HCLLPF4/ref=ox_sc_act_image_4?ie=UTF8&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

It be interesting to know other peoples game settings ,frame rates and system specs.

Any tips on game or systems settings/overclocking would be greatfull.

Interesting, i wonder if its because I'm using 4x multisample AA. I didn't find FXAA to do much of anything in AC.

I think it makes some difference but I have found it's no point in going higher than 2x since that only steels fps with no visible improvement really.

I'm using these setting in-game instead of the nVidia inspector since this seems to give much less of an hit on the framerate.

I think it makes some difference but I have found it's no point in going higher than 2x since that only steels fps with no visible improvement really.

I'm using these setting in-game instead of the nVidia inspector since this seems to give much less of an hit on the framerate.

Well, since I'm using 780's in SLI, I have a little more power to spare so I use 4xMSAA and 4xSSGAA in Nvidia Inspector which pretty much eliminates all aliasing. Framerate takes a hit like that but I still get 100-120fps even with 12-15 cars on a grid.

I would agree, medium resolution and 3 faces per frame provide almost as much visual quality as you need without losing as much framerate. 6 faces per frame just eats the framerate up.

True, but since I maintain 80-110 fps when alone on track and 40-70 with a moderate amount of AI on track it is not a problem for now. It's when you go for max grid it becomes a real issue especially when all cars are close and generating smoke as you know.

What can I say but that I love eyecandy... :D

Last edited:
True, but since I maintain 80-110 fps when alone on track and 40-70 with a moderate amount of AI on track it is not a problem for now. It's when you go for max grid it becomes a real issue especially when all cars are close and generating smoke as you know.

What can I say but that I love eyecandy... :D

Me too! I actually never intended two have two GTX 780's, I had one already, but after I bought Asetto Corsa late last year, I wanted more power! AC alone caused me to buy an extra 780. Nvidia thanks you Kunos.

Because I can...;) If it becomes an issue when we get multiplayer and when the AI becomes more useful I can always dial it down if it's needed.

This is pretty much how I feel about using SGSSA right now in Nvidia Inspector. Its very taxing but I can always drop it and go back to standard AA settings if I need the framerate boost.

Last edited:
Because I can...;) If it becomes an issue when we get multiplayer and when the AI becomes more useful I can always dial it down if it's needed.

To each it's own obviously, and I can appreciate you value eye candy the most.

But if I had such a powerfull machine, I would try to get a really steady fps of about 120-140, and lock it there. Minimal input lag, and still more than enough eyecandy.

Really, cubemap 10000 or cubemap 3 is such a tiny tiny difference, and it costs insane amounts of fps. I gladly trade it for a solid 140 fps, seeing AC in all it's glory and run it with minimal input lag.

I did some basic benchmarking just screen grabs with afterburner overlay using this version and was also testing the smoke slowdown issue. Using my 2x titan sli setup and everything here is maxed @ 2560x1440 unless otherwise labeled in the image. The only thing not on is motion blur at any point as i dont use this at all.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/8dglfjncu3s30gm/Benchmarks_v_0.8.2_nv_beta_337.50.rar

Here is an interesting look at the effect of Cube res and faces with all other things maxed single car on track but no motion blur.

All settings minimum no HDR.

hsqkuj2q3s6e2udfg.jpg

All settings Max no motion blur

vwkaqryhofndvhpfg.jpg

Max with cube res medium 6 faces

7owk84v2a9lid9zfg.jpg

Max with cube res low 6 faces

pgjpu0gotyfhbcsfg.jpg

Max Cube low 4 faces

bk4e101o4tj77p9fg.jpg

Here is a quick grab of the smoke settings monza GT field 26 cars back of grid just after start in max settings but cube medium 6 faces and no motion blur.

No smoke

9hxe68j9w58446ffg.jpg

Very Low

scb65e38vb06utyfg.jpg

Low

zr8pw8bc84z5yisfg.jpg

Normal

np18eiemuaky13sfg.jpg

High

vr4azo1caktek52fg.jpg

Ultra

evju9681826vbaafg.jpg

Ultra no AA

o33x376bnb888wefg.jpg

Using high smoke settings looks pretty mich the same only the fps number drops lol. Quite similar to the cube res and the guys with 3 titans getting poor frames need to sort their **** out lol.

With the new drivers here are some screens showing performance from external static cams, this was a 24 car abarth race with smoke low and cube res medium and 6 faces all the rest maxed. Older drivers I would have been getting between 45-70 but here it pretty much stayed above 90 most of the time mostly around 110 over the 3 laps.
t2kzqxfljn7kj2gfg.jpg

b1j1k9kfoi32r13fg.jpg

8uz8wi8h99wbuq7fg.jpg

34cv5285bx62diofg.jpg

hz6kdhfnnzt84bofg.jpg

792s51baj53l580fg.jpg

4du7wgrw1zg1qf0fg.jpg

I normally use only 4 faces but had it on 6 by mistake here but still not too bad performance.

I did some tests with the latest NV beta driver with the same issue with mirrors and shadow res.

Here all max settings except cube res low and 4 faces (my hotlap settings for a few extras FPS;))

wk60c7boqksenorfg.jpg

Now same settings but shadow res at medium from the high setting I normally have.

gui050p08df0wjifg.jpg

Here same settings but shadow res back to high and mirrors off.

f6v08r2mw56vr6yfg.jpg

Now everything turned off all min settings

dunf72xc0lx0n44fg.jpg

Min settings but shadow res medium and mirrors max

ma7upj8bzvz44n7fg.jpg

So rather odd still but wonder if anyone else can reproduce this bug?

Regarding tearing I was getting it quite bad but the latest beta drivers have been smooth at any frame rate and i havent see a single tear since updating in ac.

Sorry for all the pics but I think pictures with osd info say more then any words. Also showing the difference between some settings is so minimal its really pointless to max everything out if all your doing is reducing performance.

Some settings like the shadows and mirrors have an odd bug in sli so people should avoid that. The magic drivers from nv have worked wonders for me in ac. RF2 has had no change and for sli to work I need to make a custom profile as i mentioned in the rf2 section here I think.

To each it's own obviously, and I can appreciate you value eye candy the most.

But if I had such a powerfull machine, I would try to get a really steady fps of about 120-140, and lock it there. Minimal input lag, and still more than enough eyecandy.

Really, cubemap 10000 or cubemap 3 is such a tiny tiny difference, and it costs insane amounts of fps. I gladly trade it for a solid 140 fps, seeing AC in all it's glory and run it with minimal input lag.

Well, I can't say that I noticed any input lag but I'll do some tests by turning cubemaps & faces down to see if I can notice anything. :)

Here is a quick grab of the smoke settings monza GT field 26 cars back of grid just after start in max settings but cube medium 6 faces and no motion blur.

Using high smoke settings looks pretty mich the same only the fps number drops lol. Quite similar to the cube res and the guys with 3 titans getting poor frames need to sort their **** out lol.

Agreed.

Well, I can't say that I noticed any input lag but I'll do some tests by turning cubemaps & faces down to see if I can notice anything. :)

Seriously, try cubemap resolution medium and faces 3. That's a great compromise and I can't really see any noticeable image quality increase beyond that but framerate does take a hit anything above 3 faces per frame. Its well worth any tradeoff in image quality which likely can't be seen to give you some frames back to increase detail somewhere else or increase your minimum frames in large AI grids.

Faces per frame is the refresh rate of reflections on car..so the lower the number the choppy it gets (reflection).Ideal is max 6..
Cubemap is the resolution of the world reflections...
I`ve set Cubemap at medium and Faces per frame to 5.
AF-x16 --->Good for,the white lines on the edge of the track .Lower number,bad Aniso on that white line
AA-x8
FAAA-OFF
HDR-ON
Shadow res.-High
World detail.-Verry High
Motion blur its optional..i`ve set it to max after playing with it off for some time.
Smoke-Verry Low
Mirror reflection-High
HQ Mirror ref.-ON
Cubemap-medium
Faces per frame-5.

Start grid with 12 AI cars i have 65-70 fps
With 16 AI i have 55-60 fps
WIth 18 AI i have no lower than 45 fps
Anything above 18 AI cars transforms the experience in to this...

I need a better CPU but i am happy with my video card (GTX 760)...
If it doesnt drop below 60 fps (after i replace the CPU) in MP with more than 24 cars then i have no issue.

I just finished a 50 laps race with 16 cars 312T@Imola (1 hour and 22 minutes race)
Before race i set my graphic card to original clocks (860/1200) instead of the overclocked (1050/1200) and set anisotropic to x8 instead of x16 and made the 50 laps without any stuttering or lag or whatever ... perfect :)

I guess overclocking graphic card is not a option for me anymore

I just finished a 50 laps race with 16 cars 312T@Imola (1 hour and 22 minutes race)
Before race i set my graphic card to original clocks (860/1200) instead of the overclocked (1050/1200) and set anisotropic to x8 instead of x16 and made the 50 laps without any stuttering or lag or whatever ... perfect :)

I guess overclocking graphic card is not a option for me anymore

It may just be that your card it throttling due to temperatures. You can try the same test overclocked with your video card fan set to 75% or even 100% if you don't mind the noise and see if it still stutters.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back