Alright gamers, I need help.
Did another round of mod installs. Same, typical recommended method as all the others.
Went to open the game.
Warned about 'folder for Assetto Corsa being a different form of Assetto Corsa or something'.
Went looking around for what that problem is, and once when I opened it again to check the wording, I clicked OK by accident instead of cancel or the x button.
Try to open game again, then gives me a message about something to do with the cfg/templates route. I have a cfg in the menu alongside 'content', 'apps', 'system' etc and one inside the 'system folder'. I decided to put the templates bit (I think there was a spare one of them, idk?) in the earlier cfg (alongside content etc)
Next time I open the game, it tries to load, plays the opening cutscene, but gets stuck initialising UI. I even went away and had dinner, came back up and it was still doing it.
Is this likely to be to do with the 'different form of Assetto Corsa' problem, the one which I accidentally said OK to its solution? What is happening? Is it just a problem with one of the things I installed today? I did install a UI app mod but surely it doesn't lengthen my load time from reasonably quick to literally an hour or so.
Help me out here, it would be much appreciated.

I agree with Peter! Do the integrity check.. Your AC install is messed up for whatever reason. If you didn't delete the files manually something f*cked up big time.

About the folder structure:
- You have 3x a cfg folder.

1. \\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg
this folder contains unique game files that are not anywhere else. The ppfilters in there are the ones that are actually used. So if there is no default.ini in there, the game won't start at all.

2. \\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\cfg
this folder is the base version of the 3. folder in the documents. If you delete the documents folder, this folder will be copied into your documents when you start the game for the next time.
So when you install AC for the first time, Steam will only put files into your steamapps folder. Then the game will copy this 2. folder into the documents area (3.)

3. C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg
this folder contains some custom config files that are actually used by the game. At first start the folder from "2." will be copied in here. Then the game overwrites files when you configure the game. Replays are stored in the documents too

Summary:
Folder 1 has essential and unique game files. If you delete any of them, the game is broken.

Folder 2 is only a basic backup of Folder 3. As long as you have Folder 3, Folder 2 will be "dead" and not used. You can delete Folder 2 if you want, as long as you don't delete Folder 3.

Folder 3 contains configured and additional files. It's based on Folder 2. If you delete it, the files from Folder 2 will be copied in here but all your configurations will be lost.

Integrity Check:
The integrity check will only check and maybe overwrite Folder 1 and 2. Folder 3 will be untouched.
Only if you delete important files from Folder 3, files from Folder 2 will be copied in there.

You f*cked up Folder 1:
So your game is now broken. There is no chance to get the files back sadly...
What you can do is to put at least the default.ini into the ppfilters folder of "Folder 1".
Since ppfilters have no copyright etc, here is mine:

Put it in there and try to start the game. If it doesn't start you'll have to do the integrity check.
Had the game for literally about a week and already managed to break it, seems about right XD At least it's not like I'm worried about save games or anything. I'll get onto that.

Had the game for literally about a week and already managed to break it, seems about right XD At least it's not like I'm worried about save games or anything. I'll get onto that.
Ah okay, well then :D
I have basically configured every file of the game over the years, lol. If I'd do an integrity check I would flip all the tables :roflmao:
Which is why I made a backup after getting everything set and running :p

Ah okay, well then :D
I have basically configured every file of the game over the years, lol. If I'd do an integrity check I would flip all the tables :roflmao:
Which is why I made a backup after getting everything set and running :p
Sorry to keep replying and stuff with this issue, I must be really annoying at this point.
Now that it's checked the integrity and said 58 files 'will be reaquired', now what? It's not telling me it's acquiring them rn, so what's my next step?

Sorry to keep replying and stuff with this issue, I must be really annoying at this point.
Now that it's checked the integrity and said 58 files 'will be reaquired', now what? It's not telling me it's acquiring them rn, so what's my next step?
It should download the files actually. And if it doesn't, try to start the game. Then it will download then for sure.
Normally the integrity check will automatically download the files and will tell you "58 files were downloaded" or something.
I don't do it that often though so I'm not sure if there's a setting to start the download or not...
Anyway, just try to start the game.
If it doesn't work, do the integrity check again and make sure you don't click anything away unnoticed.
Very strange... It should just work :cautious:

That's automatic, Rasmus .... once the needed files detected, they are immediately downloaded.
I already did it twice and that worked so.

NB: this should be visible down the window as a "downloading" message should appear.

RasmusP #19

thank's for your file , my probleme is resolved :)
Glad it helped you!

Just for your info:
You could also take any other of your pp filters and simply rename it to "default.ini".
Assetto Corsa just needs a file that's called default.ini and contains the structure of a pp-filter.
The actual values though, are not important so you can rename any other pp-filter file :)

Hey guys, I know im late to this but I am having a similar problem, I had the first error message you guys discussed but now it went away and now im getting a message stating my assetto corsa documents folder is of a different version of Assetto Corsa game itself. I did install a tuner mod to create car versions and after I opened it it said it was for 1.50 but then i got rid of it. Any help? Thank you guys so much

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back