F1 2011 Game keeps giving.2nd Career and new stuff still happens

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)

David O'Reilly

A bad quali means I can go forwards in the race.
I have started a new career and am in season 2 with HRT (sad I know) but new stuff has been happening.
EG At Monza I got a radio message that Kobayashi (ahead on track) appeared to be suffering from brake issues and to be wary of him braking earlier.
I duly forgot about it and slammed into him when he braked at about 300 metres for turn 1.
The race conditions and weather are never the same from season to season and I have resolved to never drive for a previous team. So its the game that keeps giving.
Just 2 awards to go -9 wins on the bounce and -points in all rounds.
I reckon with now about 500 hours up and prob 35,000 km of racing I have had my £35.00 worth.
If 2013 is better (more realistic physics wise) ill move on but until then will drive 2011 along with Race Pro (best Physics on Xbox) and RFactor 2.
Its an interesting mix.
RF2 for ulimate in physics and feedback realism. ( Ican get exhausted setting a car up and go to bed without even racing)
Race Pro-best physics with ease of Xbox driving and some game play structure
F1 2011 less realistic (but still credible / plausible) physics but superb game play (eg engineer and career) and online racing with my viurtual buddies.

I still wish I could get 2012-strength AI in 2011. I wouldn't need to return to 2012 ever again. :/

Yeah, I remember playing F1 2006 on the ps2 for ages, but at some point the commentators came up with new things to say. I still get impressed how you can play a game for years but not get to certain lines in the code ever.

How can you set your car up without racing? I hope you're still hitting the track. ;)

I still wish I could get 2012-strength AI in 2011. I wouldn't need to return to 2012 ever again. :/

Yeah, I remember playing F1 2006 on the ps2 for ages, but at some point the commentators came up with new things to say. I still get impressed how you can play a game for years but not get to certain lines in the code ever.

How can you set your car up without racing? I hope you're still hitting the track. ;)
I admit I am not putting the level of prep into F1 2011 as I was for the league.
I would do a setup session , a career race, a Pro Am, a non career race and maybe even a Co Op# race before the Sunday league race. So I'm not coming in as sharp as i was. I am getting a smuch fun though from the races as Its a bit more chilled. Even fighting from the back through the AI is ok.
I do plan some setup work for Canada. My old setup was too low on aero and I was getting spanked in sector 2.

# Co Op was one of the best experiences. A season with Dylan and then one with Gavin. Great team mates and 2 very different experiences.
The season with Gavin was so close I think Ron Howard is considering following his new movie "Rush" up with a movie of our season at Sauber;)

With RF2 I am doing many laps of setup. I think i spent 5 hours over 2 nights in the Marussia at Sepang.

I miss my co-op races, don't think I could find a more reliable team mate tbh.
I could never get into career mode I just feel so lonely racing against the AI. I much prefer to race online.

I think Codemasters should have left a two year gap from 2011, could you imagine how competitive the races would be now if they did. Everyone would be as fast as each other, strategies would be known, more experienced racing in changeable conditions just all round close competitive racing with everyone knowing the game inside out.

But they keep throwing out titles every year revamping setups that make no sense and very little rule changes as its dictated by FIA. It was great going from 2010 to 2011 introducing KERS and DRS.

Martin the RF2 setup practice is amazing. I spent 2 hours one night just working on Slow bump/rebound settings on the shock absorbers. Alas I dont feel it transfers well to F1 2011 due to the totally different physics model. It is quite hard to tell if you are on the money with a setup change in 2011 except for lap time.
Oh yes and Dawesy is flying now, a much improved racer the Co Op season can't have hurt him.

Gavin, mate I would seriously consider another Co Op season.
Maybe with a twist such as Pro Legacy HUD info (none) and Williams team. It was too easy in Sauber. In Williams it would be a fight.
quote Gavin-"I think Codemasters should have left a two year gap from 2011, could you imagine how competitive the races would be now if they did. Everyone would be as fast as each other, strategies would be known, more experienced racing in changeable conditions just all round close competitive racing with everyone knowing the game inside out."
Indeed-Personally it is still a mystery to me why everyone just felt they had to change to the new game. But I guess Its the way of such things on Xbox.
I'm still hankering for some changeable weather on a long Belgian Grand Prix.
BTW I am in advanced discussions with my wife on a Chocalale and beer tasing trip to the Ardennes region of Belgium around the 15-28th August. I'm keeping the F1 dates below theradar so far.

David O'Reilly you sly dog "Chocolate and beer tasting trip to the Ardennes" yeah, right next to Eau Rouge sounds classy lol that's a fantastic idea though:thumbsup:

I'll definitely consider another co-op PLR style good thinking.
Looks like it is go for the Ardennes Forest during the week of the Belgian GP.
Family trip, Ill only do Friday at the Race track.

Very nice David hope you and the family enjoy the experience weather and all :).
I guess a compromise was met, still ... I wouldn't say no all the same.
In truth I am quite happy with Friday, the more chilled atmosphere and maybe more access to stuff will be nice. Then watch the race on TV.
Now to contact my old mate in Australia who is a mate with a certain RedBull Driver. Now that would be a good photo for bragging rights!

Always like reading about your career mode stories on 2011. I usually pick up some tips from reading your reviews and all.
Also very much enjoying are mini series which Steve has set up, nice to blow the dust off every 2 weeks :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 286 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 250 13.4%