Content Manager (Questions & Answers)

Guys I need help, I'm having problems with my Content Manager on Assetto Corsa, I recently formatted my PC and now when I'm playing AC through Content Manager the game keeps crashing the video and the audio cuts and during the game it bothers, does anyone know tell me what can this be? I even circled what appears on the screen when it crashes.
Assetto Corsa Travando.jpg

Hi there fellow drivers!

I've been introduced to the digital racing world for about a year ago and still enjoying the times I sit behind the wheel but still got lost in the jungle of settings..

From the beginning I bought the loadcell brake from Fanatec because of the many happy users and been playing with the settings till.. Well not long ago.. I was using a Playseat and set the Brake force to 20/30 because I didn't want to bend the rig but couldn't find the sweet spot and took me a while to tell myself that it doesn't change the amount of braking in game if I press it trough the rig or just press it to its maximum I set it to even with my new Rseat RS1 I didn't set it higher then 50, but that's not the reason for this topic!

My question is what are the best wheel/game settings, I've been playing for a couple of months with the same settings and I drove myself some nice times on the green hell!

I started with drifting last week so made a new profile with my drift settings, but today I wanted to do some tourist rounds on multiplayer and took my main settings but it felt different.. So I made some changes and now I'm not satisfied at all, took the Base settings from the Fanatec forum and changed the Gyro setting in the .ini file and it felt totally different then before.

Searched the internet for some tips and advises but I'm getting lost in the forest of settings..

Should I use FFBClip ingame or FFB settings from CM or the FFB settings came with CSP?

My gear:
Fanatec CSL Elite Wheel Base (officially licensed for PlayStation)
CSL Elite Racing Wheel P1
ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula 1 Esports
CSL Elite Pedals + Loadcell

Please ask me anything I need to provide for more information about settings etc.
I'm using a CSW 2.5 but I also had a Thrustmaster TS-PC for a few weeks, did some laps on a CSL Elite, had a G27 for a few years and occasionally driving a friend's DFGT.
So I have some comparison and experience.

Here are my recommended settings:

Assetto Corsa:
- 900°
- Gamma 1
- Scale 100%
- "Auto Adjust scale to match car's steer lock": off!
- Filter 0%
- Speed sensitivy 0%
Gain 60-100% whatever you like, I would probably recommend using FFB clip with dynamic OFF and selecting the "light" preset

- min force: 1.5% (to make the center a bit tighter
- filter 0%

Effects:
- Kerb 2%
- Road 5-10%
- Slip: for drifting 0%!!! For driving, about 20%
- ABS: 20%
- Enhanced understeer: off
- soft lock: off

- enable ffb post processing: off
- unlock experimental: off
- gyro: off
- damper gain: 100%
- min damper level: 0%

Custom Shader Patch:
FFB Tweaks: active
- More physically accurate gyro implementation: ACTIVE! It's awesome!
- strength: 25%
- range compression: 100%
- range comp. assist: off
- output real steering forces: off

Fanatec tuning menu:
- sen 900
- FF 100%
- SHO 100% (probably not supported on your rims)
- ABS: 95% (also probably not supported)
- DRI: -2
- FOR 100%
- SPR 100%
- DPR 100%
- FEI 50-80
- BRF: your choice

Mine has been crashing too. A LOT. However after a little research I've found that many sites are reporting BSODs with the latest windows update. Microsoft is aware and preparing a fix. Whether or not this will help us is unknown but at least our misery has company.

yeh mine has been crashing too ... I don't know if it is software or hardware ??

FYI: Mine also crashes if I go in through the old school way (ie: not through CM) .. does anyone else have this issue ?

222 / 5000
Resultados de tradução
This problem that appears is as if it were blinking and every time it appears the game locks both the video and the audio, I don't know what it is, I hoped someone could tell me what it is and how to solve it. It was a while before I formatted my computer that it also appeared and after a long time using my PC this problem disappeared, and now that I had to format my pc and reinstall everything again this problem appeared again. I tested the launcher of the game itself through Steam and even running the game through Steam without Content Manager the game presented this same problem of getting the game crashing and showing these messages that I circulated.

Last edited:
222 / 5000
Resultados de tradução
This problem that appears is as if it were blinking and every time it appears the game locks both the video and the audio, I don't know what it is, I hoped someone could tell me what it is and how to solve it. It was a while before I formatted my computer that it also appeared and after a long time using my PC this problem disappeared, and now that I had to format my pc and reinstall everything again this problem appeared again. I tested the launcher of the game itself through Steam and even running the game through Steam without Content Manager the game presented this same problem of getting the game crashing and showing these messages that I circulated.

Mine just completely locks everything ... black screens and all ... sometimes the sound (whatever the last sound is) may be still running.

The only way is to push the reset button as "Ctrl-Alt-Del" doesn't even work

Am I right to say you are still seeing something on your screen when it happens ?

I'm using a CSW 2.5 but I also had a Thrustmaster TS-PC for a few weeks, did some laps on a CSL Elite, had a G27 for a few years and occasionally driving a friend's DFGT.
So I have some comparison and experience.

Here are my recommended settings:

Assetto Corsa:
- 900°
- Gamma 1
- Scale 100%
- "Auto Adjust scale to match car's steer lock": off!
- Filter 0%
- Speed sensitivy 0%
Gain 60-100% whatever you like, I would probably recommend using FFB clip with dynamic OFF and selecting the "light" preset

- min force: 1.5% (to make the center a bit tighter
- filter 0%

Effects:
- Kerb 2%
- Road 5-10%
- Slip: for drifting 0%!!! For driving, about 20%
- ABS: 20%
- Enhanced understeer: off
- soft lock: off

- enable ffb post processing: off
- unlock experimental: off
- gyro: off
- damper gain: 100%
- min damper level: 0%

Custom Shader Patch:
FFB Tweaks: active
- More physically accurate gyro implementation: ACTIVE! It's awesome!
- strength: 25%
- range compression: 100%
- range comp. assist: off
- output real steering forces: off

Fanatec tuning menu:
- sen 900
- FF 100%
- SHO 100% (probably not supported on your rims)
- ABS: 95% (also probably not supported)
- DRI: -2
- FOR 100%
- SPR 100%
- DPR 100%
- FEI 50-80
- BRF: your choice
Sounds like a good settings for you! I'll be starting the new PC build after we finished installing the parts from 4Wheelonline onto the current Wrangler project. I will definitely consider your settings here.

Mine just completely locks everything ... black screens and all ... sometimes the sound (whatever the last sound is) may be still running.

The only way is to push the reset button as "Ctrl-Alt-Del" doesn't even work

Am I right to say you are still seeing something on your screen when it happens ?
My game keeps giving these intermittent crashes I can even play but it is boring to see the game crashing every second, and I noticed that this problem is not only in Content Manager but in the game I opened the game without Content Manager and he presented the same locking problem.

I had the freeze sound/screen problem in the beginning with my new/first PC.

A friend suggested to run Content Manager in Taskmanager/set priority/high and that fixed that problem for me.
At least for me there were software conflicts when Windows started to"do its thing" while I was driving.

MFG Carsten

Tive o problema de som/tela congelante no início com meu novo/primeiro PC.

Um amigo sugeriu executar o Gerenciador de Conteúdo em Taskmanager/set priority/high e isso corrigiu esse problema para mim.
Pelo menos para mim houve conflitos de software quando o Windows começou a "fazer a sua coisa" enquanto eu dirigia.

MFG Carsten
[/CITAÇÃO]
Marqueo o ícone do Gerenciador de conteúdo para que ele seja executado com este administrador? E onde está isso no Content Manager? Este "Taskmanager / set priority / high".

Last edited:
GM Bandit..I'm seriously out of things to try, it was working with every other title till I started self support and usually I'm satisfied with iSupport. I even tried loading ac straight in and set it up there but no dice. I'm not using G Hub, I opted for LGS 9,02.65ish,,now wondering. No FFB is like 90% of this sportby.

Last edited:
Task manager

Details

Content Manager
(right click)

set priority/high

I hope that translates correctly, I´ve translated it from German :cautious:

Good Luck Carsten

(Sorry, can´t attach a foto, it´s too large)

Hi, im having issues starting the game through content manager.

It tries to launch acs.exe which results in the 0xc000007b error. I'm able to launch the game by going to steam folder and double clicking on acs_x86. i probably need help to direct content manager to launch acs_x86 on the Go button

thanks in advance

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back