Content Manager (Questions & Answers)

So i recently install sol 2.0 and had an issue when starting up a practice session in single player mode in Content Manager. I had Sol 1.0 and horizon shades installed with track and car mods aswell as the sidekick mod whihc ran perfectly before i installed Sol 2.0. I kept getting the "unexpected error" message after it loads up the session which i have to alt tab over to to close. After exiting the session window, on content manager i would get "game crashed" and the following error message

AC\game.cpp (261): Game::update
AC\game.cpp (112): Game::onIdle
AC\game.cpp (210): Game::run
AC\acs.cpp (477): wWinMain
f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c (618): __tmainCRTStartup

I have no idea what it means or what the problem is. I saved my mods on a seperate folder, re installed AC and added back the mods and had no issues. I installed Sol 2.0.2 and horizon shaders with CSP verzion 1.71. For got to mention i update CSP for sol 2.0 to 1.68. Still having the same issue but not with every track. I dont know why. Can somebody look into it and see how i would be able to fix it?

Much appreciated,

Chipi40s

Attachments

• CM Error MSG.PNG
    CM Error MSG.PNG
    931.1 KB · Views: 1,215
So i tried installing custom shaders patch but it says this error: Assetto Corsa is obsolete. (V1.16.3 is required).
I do have 1.16.3 and i need your help to fix this.
I had the same problem, but once i donated few $ and got full version that problem was solved straight away .

I've been having the same problem. I was using SOL 1.0 and Natura mod, CSP version circa 0.1.6, upgraded to SOL 2.0.2 using CSP 0.1.71 and now have this problem on several tracks.
20210202_233303.jpg

Attachments

• 20210202_233303.jpg
    20210202_233303.jpg
    959.7 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
ContentManager (CM) can act like its "AssettoCorsa.exe" - the original Launcher, so maybe you somehow switched to this, i think its "Game-starter":
1612310807139.png

If you have this set to "steam" - then set it back to AppID!
1612311669553.png

After that just remove "ContentManager.exe" from where you put it after download.

CM is not to be confused with CustomShadersPatch (CSP), to remove that:
-you either remove "dwrite.dll" from AC folder (more stuff in next post, but thats CSP itself)
-or use this button:
1612310709740.png

Last edited:
Wanna make a fresh install?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Remove CustomShadersPatch (CSP):

steamapps\common\assettocorsa\dwrite.dll <- thats actually CSP!
steamapps\common\assettocorsa\extension\* (= the complete folder!)
steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\gui\icons\Shaders Patch *.png
Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\extension\*

if you have it installed as CM->content->mods, then this too:
steamapps\common\assettocorsa\MODS\Shaders Lights Patch\*

Remove Apps (GitHub link, use green button):
steamapps\common\assettocorsa\apps\python\AccExtHelper\*
steamapps\common\assettocorsa\apps\python\AccExtMirrors\*
steamapps\common\assettocorsa\apps\python\AccExtRain\*
steamapps\common\assettocorsa\apps\python\AccExtWeather\*

Delete Sol:

steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\weather\sol_*\*
steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg\ppfilters\__Sol.ini
steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg\ppfilters\sol_custom_configs\*
steamapps\common\assettocorsa\extension\weather-controllers\*
steamapps\common\assettocorsa\extension\weather\*
steamapps\common\assettocorsa\apps\python\sol_config\*
steamapps\common\assettocorsa\apps\python\sol_custom_weather\*
steamapps\common\assettocorsa\apps\python\sol_weather\*

if you have it installed as CM->content->mods, then this too:
steamapps\common\assettocorsa\MODS\sol\*

Reset ContentManager (CM)
--------------------------------
Keyfile (if you have one) you can backup:
%userprofile%\AppData\Local\AcTools Content Manager\Authentication.data

You can find it in CM here:
Settings>AppKey>Change :laugh:)

Now reset CM by removing everything in or this complete folder:
%userprofile%\AppData\Local\AcTools Content Manager\

--------------------------------------
Install CustomShadersPatch (CSP)

- first best install on this CM page (pic)
-dragNdrop of "lights-patch-xxx.zip" into CM is 2nd best way to install

-"Cannot install two things at once" -> Restart CM and do it again

-troubleshooting 101: switch from one version to another and back

-troubleshooting 102: remove all files in:
\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\extension\

(this resets all CSP changes from defaults in '.INI' files from:
"assettocorsa\extension\config")

Last edited:
Every time I try to start a race, I get the race cancelled error. I've tried everything in the book. Checked file integrity, reinstalled the game, tried to force 32 bit, changed resolution, used the different starters even. Nothing works.

My specs: Intel(R) Core i7-6700HQ CPU @2.60GHz 2.59GHz
16gb ram
Model:G752VT with 64 bit operating system

I got this error on the last start up attempt. I'm just frustrated at this point.

00007FFDC44DEADE (steam_api64): (filename not available): SteamAPI_RunCallbacks
AC\steaminterface.cpp (739): SteamInterface::update
AC\game.cpp (112): Game::onIdle
AC\game.cpp (210): Game::run
AC\acs.cpp (477): wWinMain
f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c (618): __tmainCRTStartup
00007FFE1AD67C24 (KERNEL32): (filename not available): BaseThreadInitThunk
00007FFE1BC4D4D1 (ntdll): (filename not available): RtlUserThreadStart
1612493993663.png

Even when loading up the game manually, it works until I click "start engine."
It will load, then return back to the race menu.

What can I do? Any help is appreciated?

This has happened to me 3-4 times over the last couple years.. Everytime it has, a full reinstall has been in order.

Surely one time it was because I filled up the harddrive that AC was on and at that point it doesnt matter how much stuff I deleted, still corrupted the game and needed to be fully deleted and reinstalled.

Good luck and this may not be your issue, just throwing my experience out there..

This has happened to me 3-4 times over the last couple years.. Everytime it has, a full reinstall has been in order.

Surely one time it was because I filled up the harddrive that AC was on and at that point it doesnt matter how much stuff I deleted, still corrupted the game and needed to be fully deleted and reinstalled.

Good luck and this may not be your issue, just throwing my experience out there..
Well I have reinstalled it and gotten the same results still until today. It'll play normally sometimes, but I have to continually hit restart race until it does. However csp and sol make my game load infinitely to the point I have to restart my pc

AC RC issue: Game Crash by start button

Solution: just blow away the Documents/Assettocorsa folder...

Clean install requires that you remove everything. So just reinstalling from Steam is not enough.

AC RC issue: Game Crash by start button

Solution: just blow away the Documents/Assettocorsa folder...

Clean install requires that you remove everything. So just reinstalling from Steam is not enough.
So delete docs assetto folder then reinstall?

Last edited:
"So delete docs assetto folder then reinstall? So delete docs assetto folder then reinstall? "

No, not yet, disable all apps and remove "DWrite.dll" from ac folder (thats CustomShadersPatch), then try with vanilla AC.

If still not working now also remove docs folder, then try with vanilla AC again.

Hi there fellow drivers!

I've been introduced to the digital racing world for about a year ago and still enjoying the times I sit behind the wheel but still got lost in the jungle of settings..

From the beginning I bought the loadcell brake from Fanatec because of the many happy users and been playing with the settings till.. Well not long ago.. I was using a Playseat and set the Brake force to 20/30 because I didn't want to bend the rig but couldn't find the sweet spot and took me a while to tell myself that it doesn't change the amount of braking in game if I press it trough the rig or just press it to its maximum I set it to even with my new Rseat RS1 I didn't set it higher then 50, but that's not the reason for this topic!

My question is what are the best wheel/game settings, I've been playing for a couple of months with the same settings and I drove myself some nice times on the green hell!

I started with drifting last week so made a new profile with my drift settings, but today I wanted to do some tourist rounds on multiplayer and took my main settings but it felt different.. So I made some changes and now I'm not satisfied at all, took the Base settings from the Fanatec forum and changed the Gyro setting in the .ini file and it felt totally different then before.

Searched the internet for some tips and advises but I'm getting lost in the forest of settings..

Should I use FFBClip ingame or FFB settings from CM or the FFB settings came with CSP?

My gear:
Fanatec CSL Elite Wheel Base (officially licensed for PlayStation)
CSL Elite Racing Wheel P1
ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula 1 Esports
CSL Elite Pedals + Loadcell

Please ask me anything I need to provide for more information about settings etc.

Last edited:
I had the pedal problem too recntly.

In my case i had to change the preset on the drive page ( down right) and than change it back to the desired one. The the pedals work again.

And the wheel button "teleport to pit2 is working in the moment.

Probably because I updated the CSP to 1.70, got the "crash to desktop " error and rolled back to 1.60.
And additionally I cleared all button assignments and bound new.

Has been working for a few days now, fingers crossed,

MFG Carsten

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back