DiRT Rally 2.0 Game keeps crashing, access violation at dirtrally2.exe

Hoksu

Premium
So I have this really annoying problem that the game often crashes to desktop.
dgfdfg.png

It only happens in online related modes (My Team, World Series), never in Freeplay. It can happen in My Team menu, or when completing a race, or when looking at leaderboards. In World Series it caused my time to get removed after I already completed race and uploaded time. My internet connection is perfectly stable so it's not that.

I have verified files on Steam, does not help. I reinstalled the game once which stopped it from happening for a while but then it started happening again. I have no mods, this started happening before I even had mod skins and it happens after I removed them. I have added dirtrally2.exe as an exception to both Windows firewall and AV. Would appreciate suggestions what to do

I have the game on Steam. System specs: 1230v3, GTX 1070, 16b ram, SSD, Windows 10, G920 steering wheel

Hi, i had a similar problem, but my game crash to desktop in all menu and modes, all the time.
I also had the same problem in Dirt rally and dirt 4.
After much searching and change of hardware i read in a forum that the Pc mouse can cause this problem. I have tested 3 diffrent mouse before i found one that not crash the game.
It is very easy to try out, just unplug the mouse you have and play, if the game not crash you found the problem.

My game crashed somtimes after a few seconds, another times i could drive 10 stages.
After i change mouse, 2 months ago i have not had a single crash.
Maybe this can help you.

Hi, i had a similar problem, but my game crash to desktop in all menu and modes, all the time.
I also had the same problem in Dirt rally and dirt 4.
After much searching and change of hardware i read in a forum that the Pc mouse can cause this problem. I have tested 3 diffrent mouse before i found one that not crash the game.
It is very easy to try out, just unplug the mouse you have and play, if the game not crash you found the problem.

My game crashed somtimes after a few seconds, another times i could drive 10 stages.
After i change mouse, 2 months ago i have not had a single crash.
Maybe this can help you.
Doesn't the mouse-related CTD give a different error message? "access violation at dinput8.dll" , mine is at dirtrally2.exe.

It's not that easy to try out because the crashing is not regular. When I started playing I went 70 hours without any crashes, then before 1.9 release it began, and it started happening all the time. I reinstalled the game which seemingly stopped it, played for some 90 hours with 0 crashes, then it started again. I reinstalled again and it hasn't happened since, but I'm not confident it has been fully eradicated.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 353 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%