PC1 Game is stuttering a little bit

Magic43

"Drive it, like you stole it."
The game runs not so bad on my rig but its a little stuttering. It stops always for a tenth of a second and this is such a bore.
My hardware:
Intel Quad Core 2.66ghz, GeForce 660 Ti, 8GB RAM and a G25. Thx in advance.

Cheers Rolf

Last edited:
Since you don't have the "recommended specs" you will need to lower your settings to a more desirable setting that works better and if that don't help then your only course is a system upgrade!

Its a Intel Quad Core 2.66 ghz and yes i have read it and vsync is off :(

You are CPU limited and your issue is that you have v-sync off. In project cars, to make it guaranteed smooth, you MUST limit the frame rate to exactly 60 (or 59.. don't remember exactly how it worked). The easiest way is to turn v-sync on.

I can not run the game smooth without v-sync. It's the only game I've ever played where I have to have it turned on (I have v-sync off in all other games). So do that first. Turn on v-sync and set all details to the lowest possible to make sure it works. Then start turning up details one at a time.

Also, the Grass detail as low as possible or completely off. It's an FPS killer.

And please, use the -fpscap60 in the start up options that I described earlier. At least try it.
Question.. Is the -fpscap60 command better than the frame limit option in nvidia inspector? For whatever reason, just like the guy above, the game doesnt run as smooth with vsync off. I get 70-90 fps without vsync but if i limit the fps to 60 it doesnt seem smooth. Like there are subtle microstutters

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%