Game is crashing/hanging all of a sudden

The game began to crash/hang 4 days ago all of a sudden. Until now it has always happened within a couple of minutes of the day's first start up of the game. The sound at the time of crash continues to play, but the image is frozen and i can't do anything but restart my pc. There are no problems from 2nd start up on.
Could this indicate that my gpu is failing or anything else ? It's been months since i last had such a crash/hang.

Thanks

No advice ? This keeps happening over and over again.
Just had the same type of crash first with Copa de Marcas and then with GSCEx....
What is the most likely culprit here ? I'm using an old 8800gt atm and have all settings on med, only opponent detail on full. But i can play just fine (test drive or multiplayer), it's just these crashes seem to happen at every first startup of the game after i turn on my pc. Weird...

I've seen your thread Jan, but unfortunately I am a dunce when it comes to PC specs and whatnot, so sorry I can't help.

@Jok3sta and @Paul Smith am I right in thinking you know about graphics and stuff like that? I remember from the thread about nvidia dsr?

Normally if its a mod, you would get some sort of .mas error or something like tha and you would be able to alt, tab&del to get to the task manager. If its crashing and locking out the PC I would guess it's the hdd.

I've had a slight problem in that I tried to start the game and it wouldn't actually boot up. In the end I had to reinstall, that fixed the problem (so far!)

Did a chkdsk the other day and no bad sectors or errors. There were no crashes until now when it happened again. Here's what i have in the shared folder. @Jok3sta , please check if there are any problematic files there. Thanks

2v9z0ao.jpg

Did a chkdsk the other day and no bad sectors or errors. There were no crashes until now when it happened again. Here's what i have in the shared folder. @Jok3sta , please check if there are any problematic files there. Thanks

2v9z0ao.jpg
those files look normal. but delete them anyway and do a sync to re download them just in case. Also, I was having a crashing issue recently and I had to delete the 'd3d9.dll' file from the root directory.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 480 38.9%