Game freezes trying to join a server

I signed up for a R2P race, but couldn't join the server because the game froze at the car selection page:
4oGDycF.png

The "rFactor2 is not responding" message disappeared now and then and my mouse cursor reset to the top left corner of the monitor whenever that message disappeared. But the game was still stuck. I kept trying different ways (use Multiplayer to log in on RF2launcher; use Steam server browser; etc) but the game always got stuck on this page, until I eventually missed the quali.

Then I tried to connect to other servers, and the results were the same. My game just got stuck on this car selection screen and I was never able to join any server.

Single player works fine BTW, and I used to be able to join a couple RD RF2 races a few months ago (until RDUS stopped using RF2). Any tips? Thanks.

Verify your install with steam: if this is OK: then your install is OK and a reinstall won't fix it.

My guess: Unistall all server Vmods.
"Mods" in the launcher.

The multiplayer.ini or the player.json might be a cause too. They won't be replaced be a new install. You can cut/past the to desktop (to kerp a back-up) rF2 will create a fresh player.json and multiplayer.ini

Is it just this mod you're having problems with? If so maybe reinstall the mod. If the problem keeps appearing, maybe try a reinstall of rfactor 2
Can't join any server. Not specific to this mod.

Verify your install with steam
Verify local files didn't work :(

"Mods" in the launcher.
Can't seem to find it... where is that?

Verify your install with steam: if this is OK: then your install is OK and a reinstall won't fix it.

"Mods" in the launcher.

The multiplayer.ini or the player.json might be a cause too. They won't be replaced be a new install. You can cut/past the to desktop (to kerp a back-up) rF2 will create a fresh player.json and multiplayer.ini
Tried and didn't work...

Problem solved! I logged onto the Formula E server once a while ago. I just remembered about this, so I ran the RF2 GO! Updater.exe and then boom! I can log in onto any server now!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 392 40.1%