F1 2014 Game freezes and stutters in game

F1 2014 The Game (Codemasters)
Simple as that.My F1 2014 game "freezes" and stutters. Its annoying to play when game slows down like in slow-motion film.Is this something to do with steam(?) I have updated nvidia drivers.
I have Windows 7 home premium
i5 3470k,
8Gb memory and Nvidia 770gtx 2gb vram memory.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I play with 1980x1080 maxed out settings.

It's nothing to do with Steam

You probably need to reduce your settings, especially things like shadows and anti-aliasing. I have good AMD cards and I don't run it maxed out @ 1080p, and this series of games has rubbish Crossfire and SLI support. So I use one card most of the time.

Anyway, just have a fiddle with the graphics settings. At the bottom of the graphic settings page, there is a benchmarking tool, so tweak and test :)

Naturally you would also benefit from disabling or reducing any background tasks that are not needed, as one of them could also cause the stuttering.

A good example maybe your virus checker. Many virus checkers default to scanning every file that is opened (Active Protection), so when game files are being opened by the game they might be being scanned, hence the stuttering. In my virus checker I can set the virus checker to ignore (exempt) a folder from being scanned. So anything in that folder would not be scanned when opened. I set this up so that none of my gamer folders are scanned.

Good luck

:)

What if the computer is good enough for the game with maximum settings then?
The only game that does this is this!
F1 2013, no problems.
Assetto Corsa max settings, no problems.
Project cars max settings, no problems.
Battlefield 4 max settings, no problems and so on.

I turned AA of and it got better, but it still occurs. Now AA is always of whatever settings I choose.
This isn't starting right away (for me). Depending on settings it starts 5-6 laps into the race. Lowest settings maybe 10 laps until it starts!
Also background tasks is shut down before starting the game

It's nothing to do with Steam

You probably need to reduce your settings, especially things like shadows and anti-aliasing. I have good AMD cards and I don't run it maxed out @ 1080p, and this series of games has rubbish Crossfire and SLI support. So I use one card most of the time.

Anyway, just have a fiddle with the graphics settings. At the bottom of the graphic settings page, there is a benchmarking tool, so tweak and test :)

Naturally you would also benefit from disabling or reducing any background tasks that are not needed, as one of them could also cause the stuttering.

A good example maybe your virus checker. Many virus checkers default to scanning every file that is opened (Active Protection), so when game files are being opened by the game they might be being scanned, hence the stuttering. In my virus checker I can set the virus checker to ignore (exempt) a folder from being scanned. So anything in that folder would not be scanned when opened. I set this up so that none of my gamer folders are scanned.

Good luck

:)

Ok,I see.Thanks for your reply! I`ll tweak the settings etc.

That would be strange, because patch 1 just introduced support for an additional 3 wheels.

But who can tell?

This is the magic of PC gaming, lots of flexibility, superior performance and graphics, but the infinite possibility of unforeseen problems because of the varied components used to build any given PC. No standardisation like consoles, where less can go wrong. I still would never leave PC gaming behind, not as long as my ass continues to point downwards ;) :)

That would be strange, because patch 1 just introduced support for an additional 3 wheels.

But who can tell?

This is the magic of PC gaming, lots of flexibility, superior performance and graphics, but the infinite possibility of unforeseen problems because of the varied components used to build any given PC. No standardisation like consoles, where less can go wrong. I still would never leave PC gaming behind, not as long as my ass continues to point downwards
Add to all that the OS, the various programms run in every PC and probably
one's ignorance on how to properly maintain their PC and you may have
serious performance issues. There are a few programms out there that can
help those who need help but not all of them sre good.

P.S : I fully agree with you mate. When I were younger I used consoles, but
PC gaming is much superior and lengthens our abilities, so there is no way
I'm going back either.

I got rid of the stuttering by using the "verify the game cache" in steam.All mods removed also.I installed mods one by one,and game doesn`t stutter or freeze no more. So it was a (wrong installed)mod or something else,which steam downloaded in verify game cache.Just for info,if anybody has similar problems.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 480 38.9%