PC2 Game freeze during racing

Hello guys,

I have a freezing problem (especially PCARS2 and AMS2) during racing. (It also sometimes happen other racing games while i pass start finish line when HUD is active.)

It is a little bit weird. It does not make game crashed. Game is still running. For example i can turn wheel. But game is waiting 3-5 seconds. After that, game is running x3 time speed for about 3-5 seconds and act normal.

If you watch video which i shared below, you can understand what i mean.

Thanks for advice.

I've checked it with HD Tune. It seems everything is OKAY. The oddness here is, I only face this with PCARS2 and AMS2. I think they use same structure?
Yes, both games use the same game engine. Other people also wrote about your problem:

Last edited:
Yes, both games use the same game engine. Other people also wrote about your problem:

I think it is relevant with the hdd drive. I captured screenshots when i encounter the problem. As you see below, when this freeze happens HDD drive reaches maximum.
I cheched CPU, GPU, memory. They are OK.

1.JPG

2.JPG

TV? Using a TV? Some 4K TV's (philips) have picture modes you have to cycle through and some models in the Philips range if you don't cycle through each and every mode as a sequence then you can get what you're describing when connecting a PC to it. Spent countless hours being stumped and a new graphic's card later it turned out to be the picture mode. Apparently it is a bug in the TV's own software and never fixed.

Probs' not your problem but just posting this so if future peeps are having probs as what is described that they should also check the TV itself out.

Last edited:
Does this problem happen only in race sessions or does it happen in single practice as well? If it happens only in races maybe the delay is caused by the replay function writing to disk. That's a guess on my part, but it certainly looks like it's caused by the hdd being heavily utilized. Depending on the size of your SSD you could try installing one of the games on there and see if the problem persists.

Hello guys,

I have a freezing problem (especially PCARS2 and AMS2) during racing. (It also sometimes happen other racing games while i pass start finish line when HUD is active.)

It is a little bit weird. It does not make game crashed. Game is still running. For example i can turn wheel. But game is waiting 3-5 seconds. After that, game is running x3 time speed for about 3-5 seconds and act normal.

Thanks for advice.
Monitor your network. I'll have to get into my racing PC to check what exactly I changed in my Steam settings. It had something to do with P2P networking. Turn that off in Steam! This seemed to have plagued me on my older PC and my newer gaming PC. I always thought that my older PC might be the problem, but when my i9 processor and RTX 2070S GPU has so much headroom and it still studdered I kept digging.

-Pops

Does this problem happen only in race sessions or does it happen in single practice as well? If it happens only in races maybe the delay is caused by the replay function writing to disk. That's a guess on my part, but it certainly looks like it's caused by the hdd being heavily utilized. Depending on the size of your SSD you could try installing one of the games on there and see if the problem persists.
Not only happening in races but also in practice or qualifying sessions.
In addition, my steam is installed in SSD (128GB) while the games are installed in HDD (1TB). I think this might me the reason but I cannot try to install the game without buying a new SSD :(

Hello guys,

Thanks for advice.
I just watched your video clip. That is cool, but also NOT a normal freezing or a slow down. I'd post this onto Reiza's forum as it is probably more active then Pcars2. I'd include an AMS2 clip for the sake of the issue on the Reiza forum.

btw- What CPU, amount of RAM, and GPU are you using?

I just watched your video clip. That is cool, but also NOT a normal freezing or a slow down. I'd post this onto Reiza's forum as it is probably more active then Pcars2. I'd include an AMS2 clip for the sake of the issue on the Reiza forum.

btw- What CPU, amount of RAM, and GPU are you using?
Hello

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8300H CPU @ 2.30GHz
16,0 GB RAM
Nvidia Geforce Gtx 1050ti 4gb

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 217 14.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 9.9%