Upcoming Events

Weekly BMW races on Simracing.GP Other regular AC events on Simracing.GP Weekly GT3 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP Rookie friendly WTCR sereis Weekly rFactor 2 events

PC2 Game freeze during racing

Hello guys,

I have a freezing problem (especially PCARS2 and AMS2) during racing. (It also sometimes happen other racing games while i pass start finish line when HUD is active.)

It is a little bit weird. It does not make game crashed. Game is still running. For example i can turn wheel. But game is waiting 3-5 seconds. After that, game is running x3 time speed for about 3-5 seconds and act normal.

If you watch video which i shared below, you can understand what i mean.

Thanks for advice.

That shouldn't be a problem, but maybe you should check the S.M.A.R.T. values of your HDD to make sure it's not failing.
I've checked it with HD Tune. It seems everything is OKAY. The oddness here is, I only face this with PCARS2 and AMS2. I think they use same structure?

I've checked it with HD Tune. It seems everything is OKAY. The oddness here is, I only face this with PCARS2 and AMS2. I think they use same structure?
Yes, both games use the same game engine. Other people also wrote about your problem:

Last edited:
Yes, both games use the same game engine. Other people also wrote about your problem:

I think it is relevant with the hdd drive. I captured screenshots when i encounter the problem. As you see below, when this freeze happens HDD drive reaches maximum.
I cheched CPU, GPU, memory. They are OK.

1.JPG

2.JPG

You could check the processes in your task manager, maybe you can find out this way which program is responsible for that disk usage spike.