Game crashes when starting race

Not sure whats going on but all of a sudden my game crashes as soon as the car loads in the pit. I have 3 installs. One with mods, one completely stock and one that I just use to test mods. The only one that works for me is the modded one. Any ideas? I already tried syncing and ended up doing a complete reinstall. Still the same problem. No matter what car or track I choose. As soon as I hit the start button in the garage menu and the car comes on the screen it freezes and gives me an error message. I dont know how to upload the crash log

I am a bit stuck for ideas but here's an option.
Copy your entire modded folder to create a second version that actually works (then make sure it works before next step).
Then delete any tracks, extra cars, plugins etc in order to make it a vanilla version.
It doesn't matter if you accidently delete something you shouldn't, as you can sync it afterwards to make sure it is finished (in fact the more you delete, the more will be replaced with vanilla files).
Then try running it again.
If that works, you should have two working versions.

A bit long winded, and it doesn't explain why your other copies are not working, but something must be corrupt, maybe in your installer files, or else in something that is not being deleted properly, so at least this might be a way of creating another copy.

Yah i considered this but my modded game is heavily modified. Ui, spotter, sweetfx,shared folder changes and all of that. Plus hundreds of cars and tracks. It would be a complete resync. Which is kind of the same as the reinstall.I even installed the lite version and had it sync the rest of the files. Im stumped man. Haha. Thank god i have at least one working.

try to delete d3d9.dll
is that an asseto corsa dll or windows dll?
I have got the same problem has Greg.
Recently installed ASC 1.16.5, SOL and the custom shaders pack. It was working just fine but I wasn't able to use any of the sol mods cause I needed an older version of csp. I installed the correct version of csp and now, whenever the car and pit load and I click the wheel to start the race it just quits asc.exe and goes back to the launcher saying there was an unexpected error.
Any idea of what I can do to fix this?

is that an asseto corsa dll or windows dll?
I have got the same problem has Greg.
Recently installed ASC 1.16.5, SOL and the custom shaders pack. It was working just fine but I wasn't able to use any of the sol mods cause I needed an older version of csp. I installed the correct version of csp and now, whenever the car and pit load and I click the wheel to start the race it just quits asc.exe and goes back to the launcher saying there was an unexpected error.
Any idea of what I can do to fix this?
did you ever find a solution to this? I am stumped man, 2 straight days trying to figure this out and still nothing :(

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back