F1 2012 game crashes to pause menu PC

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
hi,
have one problem which makes me mad.
my game crashes to the pause - menu quite often and then it freezes. i have to exit the game with taskmanager and restart in order to be able to play again. has anyone a clue?

one last (and maybe silly) question, then i will stop bothering people in this community:
i use some mods (downloaded from this site). but just skins and cameras, no performance stuff. i will try to play just with original game files and see what happens.

Dare I say it?

I asked twice whether you have any mods installed.

They may or may not be part of the the problem, this is why you must remove all mods when trying to chase down a problem, so that you are just playing the vanilla game.

Cameras can cause problems, and have been known to cause crashes.

If your mods are still installed, then that implies that you have not run Steam's file verification checker recommended above either. As running that should replace all your modded files with standard ones, making it a fully patched vanilla game, with no mods.

i did run the file checker, but it crashed with the original files, too. and i play with t-cam, which looks really ugly in the game. so i need the mod;). but of course i ran the file checker and played before i reinstalled it.did not have to do with that.

But I think i found a solution:
Installed a tiny program called game booster 3. let it switch off applications in the back (i did switch them off too, but no windows stuff, i was too scared to crash my system). you recommended this program in another forum;), so i have to thank you again. any windows application running in the background must have caused the problem.

made i few races since then, no more crashes. game is a little bit slower now, but i can live with that.

yabba dabba doo!!!!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 209 14.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 113 7.6%
  • < 5 years