game crashes on start??? __delayloadhelper2

Code:
CRASH in:
OS-Version: 6.2.9200 () 0x300-0x1
ERROR: SymGetLineFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 00007FFBB78C4B89)
00007FFBB78C4B89 (KERNELBASE): (filename not available): RaiseException
f:\dd\vctools\delayimp\delayhlp.cpp (315): __delayLoadHelper2
f:\dd\vctools\delayimp\delayhlp.cpp (437): __HrLoadAllImportsForDll
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\acs\acs.cpp (348): wWinMain
f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c (618): __tmainCRTStartup
ERROR: SymGetLineFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 00007FFBB9F67034)
00007FFBB9F67034 (KERNEL32): (filename not available): BaseThreadInitThunk
ERROR: SymGetLineFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 00007FFBBA0A2651)
00007FFBBA0A2651 (ntdll): (filename not available): RtlUserThreadStart

Custom shaders patch is disabled and there are no mods installed, The game runs in 32bit mode but with some obvious drawbacks.
Please someone help me?
I've tried verifying game files multiple times, I've reinstalled the game twice, I've downloaded all the Visual Studio C++ versions from microsoft, I've reinstalled direct X, I've deleted the Assetto Corsa folder in my documents.
If I try to run the game with CSP I get a python 33 error.

I've been trying to fix this for 3 days now if anyone has anything useful please comment.

If it's solved for you ... it will be solved for me too ... as I have exactly the same problem as yours.
It appeared suddenly and I thought the cause was .... me ;)

But now I suspect something else .... this famous well known NIGHTMARE CALLED WINDOWS 10 UPDATE

When it happened +- 2 or 3 days ago I remember having checked if my Windows Update was well unactivated until the max later as I always do by caution since the day such an update nearly blocked my PC.
For once I forgot to do it and surely there's one or other Win10 update done that I will check immediately.

As you did, I did it too and no solution worked ... with CM or without CM and using the original launcher ... the error message is the same. ( except running game in 32bit ).

If really a windows update happened on my PC ... I'll go back to previous version and see if AC is perfectly working.
In this case I will not miss to tell it here.

Ok the cause cannot be Windows 10 update as the last update is dated may 9 on my own PC
I cannot see any other source of problems than Content Manager or Assetto Corsa with a micro update.

I checked the 32 bit version and same for me AC events are perfectly starting with AC launcher and Content Manager

We both had this same problem at the same time so it surely cannot be a bad luck. :devilish:

EDIT this problem was posted a few minutes ago at CM Discord channel with 2 pictures and the Crash report copied here above.
I asked for an urgent support. ;)

Last edited:
Good news for me and surely for you.
LeBluem ( I don't know his nickname here at RD ) answered me at CM-CSP Discord very quickly and after trying different suggestion, the last one did the trick

For an unknown reason ( except a similar problem maybe which might remain unknown if you are not also busy with GTR2 here ? ) the incomplete solution I tried with the VCredist ( 2010 2012 2013 as suggested by the folders names in _CommonRedist ) was not enough but the full visual-c-runtime-package-all-in-one/ did the trick.

AC is now working again in 64bit ....

This is the link he gave and that's surely also for you the way to repair your problem:
https://www.techpowerup.com/download/visual-c-redistributable-runtime-package-all-in-one/

Download, unzip and start the exe and it will repair some broken files surely.

In my own case before making test, I unactivated some apps and mods and started with new documents after saving the original ones.
Now that's repaired I'll add what I modified and will restore the original saved ones ....
I hope it will solve your own problem.

If not ... If you don't know it I'll give you the link for CM-CSP Discord.
Good luck

Thanks for the help but unfortunately it does not seem to work.
I've already tried installing all versions of visual c++ both individually and with the all in one package and it did not fix the issue.

I'll try the discord though.

Good news for me and surely for you.
LeBluem ( I don't know his nickname here at RD ) answered me at CM-CSP Discord very quickly and after trying different suggestion, the last one did the trick

For an unknown reason ( except a similar problem maybe which might remain unknown if you are not also busy with GTR2 here ? ) the incomplete solution I tried with the VCredist ( 2010 2012 2013 as suggested by the folders names in _CommonRedist ) was not enough but the full visual-c-runtime-package-all-in-one/ did the trick.

AC is now working again in 64bit ....

This is the link he gave and that's surely also for you the way to repair your problem:
https://www.techpowerup.com/download/visual-c-redistributable-runtime-package-all-in-one/

Download, unzip and start the exe and it will repair some broken files surely.

In my own case before making test, I unactivated some apps and mods and started with new documents after saving the original ones.
Now that's repaired I'll add what I modified and will restore the original saved ones ....
I hope it will solve your own problem.

If not ... If you don't know it I'll give you the link for CM-CSP Discord.
Good luck
Thank you so much, i had the same issue after a windows update and that fixed it!

Code:
CRASH in:
OS-Version: 6.2.9200 () 0x300-0x1
ERROR: SymGetLineFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 00007FFBB78C4B89)
00007FFBB78C4B89 (KERNELBASE): (filename not available): RaiseException
f:\dd\vctools\delayimp\delayhlp.cpp (315): __delayLoadHelper2
f:\dd\vctools\delayimp\delayhlp.cpp (437): __HrLoadAllImportsForDll
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\acs\acs.cpp (348): wWinMain
f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c (618): __tmainCRTStartup
ERROR: SymGetLineFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 00007FFBB9F67034)
00007FFBB9F67034 (KERNEL32): (filename not available): BaseThreadInitThunk
ERROR: SymGetLineFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 00007FFBBA0A2651)
00007FFBBA0A2651 (ntdll): (filename not available): RtlUserThreadStart

Custom shaders patch is disabled and there are no mods installed, The game runs in 32bit mode but with some obvious drawbacks.
Please someone help me?
I've tried verifying game files multiple times, I've reinstalled the game twice, I've downloaded all the Visual Studio C++ versions from microsoft, I've reinstalled direct X, I've deleted the Assetto Corsa folder in my documents.
If I try to run the game with CSP I get a python 33 error.

I've been trying to fix this for 3 days now if anyone has anything useful please comment.
I was checking to solve the same problem, but the answers above didn't help for me. After having tried everything I've found by myself a fix that works!

1) Go to [USER]/Documents/Assetto Corsa/cfg/extension/general.ini
2) Open "general.ini" with the notepad
3) Look for the line "FIX_SHARED_MEMORY=1" under the [APPS] section, and delete it

My working "general.ini" now looks like this:
[AUDIO]
DISTANCE_DELAY=1

[PHYSICS]
USE_TEMPORAL_CACHE=1
CUSTOM_RAYCASTING=1

[OPTIMIZATIONS]
STOP_ALTERING_THREAD_AFFINITY=1
AABB_TRACKS=1
CACHE_ACS=1

[FPS_LIMIT_TWEAKS]
USE_ADJUSTED_FRAME_TIME=1

[SHARED_MEMORY]
REDUCE_GFORCES_WHEN_SLOW=1

[APPS]
CUSTOM_ERRORS_HANDLING_MESSAGES=1

[CONFIGURATIONS]
CRASH_PLUGIN=1

I was checking to solve the same problem, but the answers above didn't help for me. After having tried everything I've found by myself a fix that works!

3) Look for the line "FIX_SHARED_MEMORY=1" under the [APPS] section, and delete it

Thank you!! I had an issue when I toggled python apps on, it crashed my game after loading track/cars, even without any python apps enabled. What I did was replace "FIX_SHARED_MEMORY" with "CUSTOM_ERRORS_HANDLING_MESSAGES".

My working "general.ini" now looks

I can't find general ini there and not in other documents either. it's not even in the game folder cfg. when I go to game folder and then cfg, extension file is not there. I have extensions file for content manager in game folder but there isn't general ini there either. where can it be?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 223 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 150 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 216 14.3%