Game Crashes in French Rally Season

EDIT: Game works fine now.

I'm doing the rally season, and everytime I load up to go to the Cote d'Arbroz stage, the game crashes. I've tried running it from RSRBR2011 and from the normal RichardBurnsRally.exe file. I did NOT install the game in C:\Program Files, and I installed and reinstalled both patches, and it doesn't help. The exact error I get is:

Runtime Error!
Program: C:\RBR\RichardBurnsRally_SSE.exe
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Any ideas on this problem? I greatly appreciate any help!

I'm doing the rally season, and everytime I load up to go to the Cote d'Arbroz stage, the game crashes.

Have you tried running that Stage in the default RBR and as a single rally? If that doesn't work, then your base game has become corrupted somehow, and you may need to re-install.
It that does work, what happens if you try to run that Stage on it's own under RSRBR2011?

EDIT: Game works fine now. No dang idea why. Turned off my computer yesterday, and today it works fine. Thanks again for the replies!

Thanks for the replies, guys. When I do Single Rally, the Cote d'Arbroz stage works fine. Also works from RSRBR2011 I got through the first few races in the French season just fine, and it stopped working with this stage.

As for my .ini settings, I did change it to XRes = 1680, YRes =1050. I have the HDR plugin and Particle Mod v3 as well, if that matters. With the highest default resolution, the text and such are too jagged. I can certainly deal with that if it will help, it's just weird that I got through England, Japan, Finland, USA, and half of France before the problem...

Where you running a gravel BTB stage before you drove the rally season?

When the game loads a BTB stage in replaces a default stage with the BTB one, most of the time it is Cote D'Abroz. If the game tried to load a BTB stage in it's place for a championship season it may have found issues. When you re-started your computer it would have fixed it. If you find it happening again maybe try loading the original stage from RSRBR and see if it fixes it.

Just an idea, glad it's running well for you now.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back