Game crash when setting WV811

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who can help my problem? When I select the WV811 series in the game menu ("SERIES SELECT"), the game crashes to the desktop without any messages. All other versions of V8U (Basic, 2010, Community Edition CARS) start and run. I've tried both options as a standalone or alongside the default V8FU modes and tried on two different systems (XP SP3 & W7) but in both cases, one outcome - desktop.
I would be grateful for the help. Otherwise, I'll not see World V8 Supercars championship. :frown:

UPD: I've already reinstalled rFactor (made clear install), then installed V8FU_Base_Install_BETA_v0.9 and then - V8FU - WV811 v1.0. Same result.

P.S. I noticed one feature (if this is important). This was repeated at both installations. Once I copy the files V8FU - WV811 v1.0 to rFactor folder, the game does not start from the first time. The first time nothing happens. Only when you run a second time, the game starts. Then, if we choose the WV2011 - desktop.

That's correct - perhaps you installed it wrong once before and the files are interfering with each other.

Try deleting all and starting again, is working perfect here and for many :)

Guys... Technically, if the League Season is set up as a season correctly, there should be zero overwriting of any files.

It should just add-on. This is the design we decided on to allow multiple seasons to be installed and uninstalled independently of each other.

I suggest you look at the 2010 add on season and see how it should be structured or you will potentially be coorrupting the V8FU install.

That's correct - perhaps you installed it wrong once before and the files are interfering with each other.

Try deleting all and starting again, is working perfect here and for many :)

Nope. Still does not work. Again repeating: the game does not start from the first time. The first time nothing happens. Only when you run a second time, the game starts. Then, if we choose the WV2011 - desktop. There are no unusual events in the history of applications in system monitoring tool.
It seems that WVS 2011 for me is over before it began. It's a shame. :frown:

UPD: MOD is now running after installation of Yas-Marina circuit. Obvious reason was the lack of folder "WV8S 2011" in folder "Locations". But for this mod is now visible only Yas-Marina.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back