Game Crash and Errors!!! #Help Required...

Hi all, I am looking for some help and advice regarding my Assetto Corsa game, basically when I play either offline or online my game crashes, sometimes I can play for an hour or 2 other times it can crash within minutes, there doesnt seem to be any pattern to the crashing as it can happen during car setup, on grid at race start or half way through a race.

Sometimes the PC will fully crash and I have to hard reset to get it functioning again, other times it will throw me back to launcher and I can rejoin and race again till the next crash. This is also the only game it crashes on, as I play other games such as Arma 3, CS:GO and more...

PC Specs:
Windows 10 Pro (fresh install)
Asus m5a97 Pro motherboard
2 x 4gb Corsair Vengeance RAM
AMD FX6100 AM3+ Socket
Radeon HD 7770 2GB
Virtual Memory is around 8GB

Latest AMD Drivers installed 17.5.2
Latest BIOS Updated 1604
Latest Logitech Software & Drivers

Peripherals:
Logitech G510s Keyboard
Logitech G402 Mouse
Logitech G920 Wheel, Pedals & Shifter
Logitech G430 Headset

The only place I can find info for these crashes is within the event viewer so below is the details from that, I have googled around and find very little information or certainly no information that seems to be relevant to Assetto Corsa.

Event Viewer Logs:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ERROR .NetRuntime ID 1026
Application: mmc.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.OutOfMemoryException
at System.Drawing.Graphics.FromHwndInternal(IntPtr)
at System.Windows.Forms.SplitContainer.RepaintSplitterRect()
at System.Windows.Forms.SplitContainer.ResizeSplitContainer()
at System.Windows.Forms.SplitContainer.OnLayout(System.Windows.Forms.LayoutEventArgs)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PerformLayout(System.Windows.Forms.LayoutEventArgs)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnResize(System.EventArgs)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnSizeChanged(System.EventArgs)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.UpdateBounds(Int32, Int32, Int32, Int32, Int32, Int32)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.UpdateBounds()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmWindowPosChanged(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef)
at System.Windows.Forms.SplitContainer.WndProc(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)

Exception Info: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException
at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Internal.SnapInMessagePumpProxy.OnThreadException(System.Object, System.Threading.ThreadExceptionEventArgs)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.OnThreadException(System.Exception)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProcException(System.Exception)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ERROR Application Error ID 1000
Faulting application name: mmc.exe, version: 10.0.15063.0, time stamp: 0xc39bfa6e
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.15063.296, time stamp: 0xa0527b0c
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x0000000000069e08
Faulting process ID: 0x1c98
Faulting application start time: 0x01d2d2fbd6ad7d7b
Faulting application path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mmc.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report ID: ed08dd84-0a22-469c-bd84-16b78e2d76b9
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Any help to fix this issue would be greatly appreciated!

Regards

Captain Bigzy

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198049572603/

Last edited:
hmm. well i had some really strange lock-ups and freezes to. Another game though. tried all the usual stuff, nothing worked.
after a while i noticed something related to my Gpu driver install. (Amd). everytime i cleaned the drivers and made a fresh install, W10 registered a new monitor under devices. so i went to the "device manager" under view i ticked " show hidden devices" and opened the monitor entry. there where a dozen generic monitors there. i uninstalled all of them besides the ones who where running. rebooted and the lock ups where gone. as your log says mmc.exe, could be pointing to your device manager. I'm not a pc-pro though.
This was the weirdest solution i ever found to random lock-ups and freezes. you might want to check it out.
Good luck

Last edited:
I don't have the time to go through your Windows log but what would really help is the assetto corsa log.
You find it under documents / assetto corsa /log.
There are 2 files I think and in one of them you can see everything that happens while loading a session.
Often helped me if a mod broke the game! :)

hmm. well i had some really strange lock-ups and freezes to. Another game though. tried all the usual stuff, nothing worked.
after a while i noticed something related to my Gpu driver install. (Amd). everytime i cleaned the drivers and made a fresh install, W10 registered a new monitor under devices. so i went to the "device manager" under view i ticked " show hidden devices" and opened the monitor entry. there where a dozen generic monitors there. i uninstalled all of them besides the ones who where running. rebooted and the lock ups where gone. as your log says mmc.exe, could be pointing to your device manager. I'm not a pc-pro though.
This was the weirdest solution i ever found to random lock-ups and freezes. you might want to check it out.
Good luck

Thanks for your info, I have just checked my device manager and selected show hidden and I see 2 generic monitors listed, will try removing the one not used and see if that helps, thanks for this info!

I don't have the time to go through your Windows log but what would really help is the assetto corsa log.
You find it under documents / assetto corsa /log.
There are 2 files I think and in one of them you can see everything that happens while loading a session.
Often helped me if a mod broke the game! :)

Thanks for info, i have had a look in the log file but dont see much other than this below

Setup change for Car: ks_porsche_919_hybrid_2015 [0] Changing: PRESSURE_LR from 25.000000 to 26.000000
Setup change for Car: ks_porsche_919_hybrid_2015 [0] Changing: PRESSURE_RR from 25.000000 to 26.000000
Setup change for Car: ks_porsche_919_hybrid_2015 [0] Changing: PRESSURE_LR from 26.000000 to 27.000000
Setup change for Car: ks_porsche_919_hybrid_2015 [0] Changing: PRESSURE_RR from 26.000000 to 27.000000
ACCameraManager::fadeIn
Car::setRequestedFuel: 20.000000
ON REMOTE LAP COMPLETED BY SES ID:4
Car 5 is now driven by Babas Tapas
Sending ACP_DAMAGE_UPDATE
WAS LATE, HAD TO LOOP 2 times
WAS LATE, HAD TO LOOP 93 times
WAS LATE, HAD TO LOOP 23 times
WAS LATE, HAD TO LOOP 5 times
WAS LATE, HAD TO LOOP 28 times
WAS LATE, HAD TO LOOP 26 times
WAS LATE, HAD TO LOOP 7 times
swapChain->Present failed
WAS LATE, HAD TO LOOP 2 times

this is only a short section just before and after crash, the file keeps logging swapChain->Present failed for thousands of lines!

Nearly sure now that I personally had this problem ... while I was still running the game with a GPU Nvidia GTX650ti 2GB ( now with a MSI GTX 1060 OC V1 6GB no problem any longer ) and PC not cooled enough. ( added a new fan also ).

I think I remember it needed 2 modifications to lower the risk to encounter this problem.
- one had something to do with Win10 .... a delay to modify somewhere but ???
- the 2nd was to downclock a bit the GPU.
Sure it solved the problem for a while before deciding to buy a new graphic card.

EDIT more a hardware problem than anything else I'm nearly sure: GPU or CPU overheating, not enough cooling, overclocking ....

Last edited:
I only found that: "Nvidia TDR issue, upgrade your driver or rollback to a more stable version, i have the 353.62 and this resolved my issue. Google nvidia TDR crash, you will see it's a know issue and it's 99% the video driver. It happen on the 6xx 7xx 9xx series. i hope this will fix your issue !!"

Also I found something about that with Win10/Win7 , Service pack problems etc.

Seems like a Windows or GPU problem. I would update both and try again... Strange error...:O_o:

Nearly sure now that I personally had this problem ... while I was still running the game with a GPU Nvidia GTX650ti 2GB ( now with a MSI GTX 1060 OC V1 6GB no problem any longer ) and PC not cooled enough. ( added a new fan also ).

I think I remember it needed 2 modifications to lower the risk to encounter this problem.
- one had something to do with Win10 .... a delay to modify somewhere but ???
- the 2nd was to downclock a bit the GPU.
Sure it solved the problem for a while before deciding to buy a new graphic card.

EDIT more a hardware problem than anything else I'm nearly sure: GPU or CPU overheating, not enough cooling, overclocking ....

Defo not an overheating issue, i monitor my temps using hardware monitor and everything is low, my system is water cooled and cpu never brakes 40 degrees in winter and 45 degrees in summer, I have never seen GPU above 55 degrees in summer.

Could be that my GPU is overclocked by factory default, I'm on latest driver so could be that an older driver is needed... I really am unsure to be honest, the strange thing is it doesn't happen all the time, it can happen within seconds of starting a race or 2 hours after playing, sometimes i can get through 3+ hours with no crashes at all, the next day it crashes within seconds of playing, it also only crashes when in an actual race..

So far the other suggestions regarding turning off full screen render has worked however I am suffering from a weird frame stutter when driving at high speed then hit brakes its like the game is in slight slow motion then everything catches up and its good again till the next corner, this didn't happen with full screen render on and read on another forum that having it off can lead to performance issues. Note FPS doesn't drop just stutters for a second.

I also removed the second monitor in device manager that was not being used which was suggested above so maybe I will turn full screen render back on and retest the next few days unless it crashes before then...

I only found that: "Nvidia TDR issue, upgrade your driver or rollback to a more stable version, i have the 353.62 and this resolved my issue. Google nvidia TDR crash, you will see it's a know issue and it's 99% the video driver. It happen on the 6xx 7xx 9xx series. i hope this will fix your issue !!"

Also I found something about that with Win10/Win7 , Service pack problems etc.

Seems like a Windows or GPU problem. I would update both and try again... Strange error...:O_o:

I dont have nvidia gpu I have Radeon HD 7770 2GB overclocked edition and I only have crashes with this game, I am not too sure how to roll back drivers now as i have the radeon settings installed which doesnt show any option for rolbacks of drivers or using older ones..

Will keep trying things but thanks for the suggestions!

I know you have a Radeon, just wanted to point at driver problems. NVidia has the option to download a driver separately and then say "clean install" when starting the setup. Don't know about Radeons, sorry! :(
To the stuttering: I have it too! When you alt+tab out of the game you will get some kind of "borderless fullscreen" and I get the stuttering then. Hitting alt+enter goes back to "exclusive fullscreen" and stuttering goes away...

I was on NVida drivers 3.82.33 but then upgraded to the latest (385.28) and I started to get this issue

I reverted to 3.82.53 and it seem to have fixed it, but tonight I had an extended session driving (2.5hrs) and it happen again...

I'm now going to do a clean wipe of my NVida drivers (using Display Driver Uninstaller) and test out 3.82.33 again.

Will revert back if I have any success.

@Noel Spence thank you for your reply it solved my problem i unchecked fullscreen my game stopped crashing i got issue like on video
game was unable to play every time i played game i was in 1 minute and then screen stuck and wheel and sound was working behind thank you for helping im glad i got it finaly.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back