G923 steering cuts out in iRacing

D4R3devil

Premium
Hello everyone,
I tried using the search hoping I was not the only one with this problem, but was not successfull. So in case this has been discussed and solved, I would be so happy if you could point me in the right direction.

Here it goes:
My G923 sometimes after some time has outages in the steering in iRacing. So all of a sudden, I can turn the wheel however I want, it does not steer anymore (and ffb is not there in the wheel anymore). All I can do then is use all other controls (mainly pedals and shift-paddles, but everything besides steering works fine) to bring the car to a halt without smashing into the wall and wait (usually some 5-15 seconds) until suddenly steering is back and go on.

This happened three times now:
A few weeks ago driving and event on Hockenheim, after approximately 1,5 hours playing time, during the race on start-finish. While braking, i noticed the car wont turn and I had to wait in the corner by the wall until I could steer again. It happened a second time about 10 minutes later 2 corners later.
Back then, me and my friends thought it had to do with ForceFeedback overheating or skipping and turning down to protect the system. Possible - I don't know how bumby it was at that moment.

Happened again yesterday... during the formation lap on Sebring, approaching the hairpin in file, after 5 min gridding. So at that time, the car was going about 40-50 kph on a straight, after the wheel had cooled down for more than 5 minutes just before that. Playing time at that time had been about 2,5 hrs. Did not happen again afterwards.

Anyone has seen or heard of this or any ideas what may be the reason? I'm a bit lost atm and scared this will happen again in a situation where I would actually be winning a race or something.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back