F1 2017 G920 Z- Throttle Axis

F1 2017 The Game (Codemasters)

FJBH10

Premium
Hey all,

I've owned most of the Codemasters F1 games from 2011 - 2017 but have recently been coming across a problem with '15, '16 and '17, all the games on the new engine. The problem is that the throttle on my G920 shows as a "z-" axis that is permanently jammed on, trying to rebind the throttle does not work as it is stuck on and gets assigned to whatever I select before I have a chance to press any other axis. So these games are now pretty much unplayable with my wheel. This is really frustrating as I have had quite a few problems with this wheel already but never this one, the games worked fine until now. I have tried all the fixes I know, uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, verifying files, reinstalling game, older versions of Logitech Gaming Software but to no avail. If there is anyone else who has this problem, has fixed it or even if you just have some ideas, please let me know any possible solutions as I now have about £100 worth of games that don't work; F1 '15-'17, Dirt Rally & Dirt 4. Thanks in advance guys,

FJBH10

hey FJBH10,

I have a similar problem with my G920 i bought about a year ago. From the beginning i assigned the original clutch as brakes (better feeling and controll on shitty ground) and it worked fine, in F1 2017 and in RaceRoomExperience which are my 2 fav sims ... Dirt rally did work too but i suck at it :D. Anyway... from one day to the other i couldnt assign the clutch anymore in RRE and i thought ok.... ****ing devs broke the game for my wheel.... and as it is free i thought, whatever.... but then the same happened to my F1 game and i was pissed. Troubleshooting with google made me check it on settings on windows and i was not to able to calibrate anymore, which was strange, a few days before i did it just fine. Wanted more sensitivity in the brakes and worked. Well more troubleshooting and i figured out that my USB entrance is 3.0 and the G920 is 2.0 (which shouldnt be a problem at all.... :/ ). Untill today no response either from microsoft or logitech on behalf (several tickets submitted).

In F12017 i worked around assigning the brakes to the downshift pedal, dowshift gear at the upshift pedal, and upshift gear on one of the free buttons at the wheel and play mostly with ABS, basicly im just using throttle on my original pedals. It is ok and u can be competitive , even its very hard to win vs the 110% AI or good online racer (ABS slows u down a bit and the gear shifting can be tricky at some tracks..) Also the shifter was not build to be pressed for longer , so dont go full aggro on the brakes, press it easy, as it is not sensible u will only have 100% brake or 0%. Be careful.

Well that is all i can say , hope it helped a bit. And hope for someone here to have a better solution as i want to go back to my beloved Zakspeed Jaegermeiter !!!!

Greets Sem

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back