G920 Force Feedback proper setup & expectations

Hey all!

Bottom line up front: I just bought my first racing wheel setup, the G920 + shifter, and I want to know if everything is working correctly or if I'm using is correctly.

For better or worse, the force feedback with the G920 is not what I was expecting. I am playing Dirt Rally 1, and the force feedback feels weak compared to my expectations. I have turned up force feedback to 150 (the highest) on every setting, and the only time I really feel the force move my hands is when I land a jump sideways.

Is this realistic? Is the force of the wheel really this light, even in real rally cars? Or, is the G920 just not a high-powered wheel?

To make it worse, Logitech offers virtually NO instruction/manual to help learn what software to use, how the wheel works, and how to setup the wheel. So basically, I have no idea if I'm using this wheel the right way. Right now, I'm only using Logitech Gaming Software to program my wheel. After researching the subject, it seems that LGS offers no FFB settings? Is this good/bad? Should I be using another program?

If this has already been covered in another thread, feel free to save time and just paste a link in your reply (I've spent a few hours researching this subject, and can't find much).

Gonna write a more lengthy reply in the next days. Great story with your rally adventure! :D
(rF2 is probably not for me. It looks like it focuses on "sci-fi" non-homologated cars?)
Where do you have THAT from?! :roflmao:
To give you a few examples of the official content, non-mod content you could say:
- Silverstone (modern layouts, laser scanned afaik)
- Sebring (laser scanned)
- Nordschleife is in the making!

- GT3 pack, homologated, 2 parts, basically a full field!
- Endurance pack, a few GTEs, homologated, one LMP2

- Formula E content: a few real tracks and the car of course

Upvote 0
Gonna write a more lengthy reply in the next days. Great story with your rally adventure! :D

Where do you have THAT from?! :roflmao:
To give you a few examples of the official content, non-mod content you could say:
- Silverstone (modern layouts, laser scanned afaik)
- Sebring (laser scanned)
- Nordschleife is in the making!

- GT3 pack, homologated, 2 parts, basically a full field!
- Endurance pack, a few GTEs, homologated, one LMP2

- Formula E content: a few real tracks and the car of course

Ooops! Yeah, I was definitely wrong :)

There are just SO many racing sims out there! I don't know where to start! I guess I'll probably be getting Assetto Corsa next.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back