G29PS4 GIMX hack for DD oscillations

Firstly, thanks for your effort @GeekyDeaks . In my case, I have another SC2 pro and I ve not been able to apply your solution.

These are the steeps I followed.
- I ve already installed GIMX 8.0
- So, I ve uninstalled that version
- I ve download you version.
- I ve opened my previous file and create a copy
- I ve opened the copy (xml file) with note pad and I didn´t see any force feedback part, so I copy your test and the paste to the file.
- Then I ve execute the GIMX Launcher and when I click on "start", I recieved a message that says "FFB not recognized"

I really appreciate your help to finally use you solution ;-)

- I ve opened the copy (xml file) with note pad and I didn´t see any force feedback part, so I copy your test and the paste to the file.
Ah, that whole section needs to be applicable to the wheel you are using, so if you copy mine it's going to refer to a Simagic Alpha Mini. Can you copy your entire config here? I should be able to suggest some edits

Hi geeky will this hack work on gt7 ps5 I'm using gimix and drivhub and hori pad ps4 and ps4 pad with my simucube it all works fine but get oscillations.
Hello, when I connect the gimx to the drivehud it doesn't work, could you explain the steps to be able to connect it since I'm quite clumsy, thanks, my steps are, I connect the drivehub more hori to the ps then I start the gimx connected to the steering wheel input, none of it works for me control assigned to gimx I can not give the ps button

Hi! Can you help me step by step to install the fix on raspberry gimx 8 G29PS4? thanks!
Unfortunately, I haven't experimented with the linux version so I'm not sure I can help much. I can offer some pointers, but you might already know them. The first thing I would do is make sure you can correctly build the GIMX executable for the RPi, which will probably mean either building it on the RPi or installing the toolchain to compile for the arm processor. Once you have that working, I can take a look at the edits made to the source code and figure out how to translate them to the linux part of the tree.

EDIT: I took a quick look and the changes are all to the core, so they might work as-is:

You'll either need to copy down all the files changed or if you are familiar with git, simply clone my repo and checkout the branch e.g.

Bash:
git clone https://github.com/GeekyDeaks/GIMX.git
cd GIMX
git checkout g29-correction-v2

You'll then need to build that version so you might need to re-do the steps required to create the build environment

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I haven't experimented with the linux version so I'm not sure I can help much. I can offer some pointers, but you might already know them. The first thing I would do is make sure you can correctly build the GIMX executable for the RPi, which will probably mean either building it on the RPi or installing the toolchain to compile for the arm processor. Once you have that working, I can take a look at the edits made to the source code and figure out how to translate them to the linux part of the tree.

EDIT: I took a quick look and the changes are all to the core, so they might work as-is:

You'll either need to copy down all the files changed or if you are familiar with git, simply clone my repo and checkout the branch e.g.

Bash:
git clone https://github.com/GeekyDeaks/GIMX.git
cd GIMX
git checkout g29-correction-v2

You'll then need to build that version so you might need to re-do the steps required to create the build environment

I tried but for me it is difficult and I can't, patience, I will use it as it is, thanks anyway

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back