G29 Wheel Lock Issues

I have not played R3E in months but I came back to it today with my G29. Now, the game does not seem to be able to set a "soft lock" for each of the cars but used the 900 degree setting from the wheel. i'm trying to drive the formula 3 cars and it is difficult. Anyone have an idea of how to have the game set a soft lock?

Make sure you have enabled the option in the Logitech Gaming Software (or Profiler, whatever it's called these days) to allow games to modify the settings.

LP.png

I had a G27 that worked great with the old profiler then Logitech did an update that downloaded GHub which messed up my wheel. Uninstalling and reinstalling never got my PC to recognize the wheel. I complained (and was not the only one) and they sent a G29 which never worked with the profiler either. So I've been stuck with GHub and having to manually edit their program because it has a true/false error that prevents the driver from installing on updates.

The solution is not to use Logitech's flawed new software, and stick with the old profiler instead. Pretty sure it's still available on their own support site. It worked fine for years when I used a Logitech wheel. As the old saying goes, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
The g29 and g920 aren't supported by the old profiler so you can only use the windows default driver without any wheel software or the crappy g-hub.
It's really annoying... They cut the buttons on the shifter (and sold the shifter separately) and also cut the profiler...

Honestly a reason to buy a used g27 instead of a g29... Btw my mouse broke the second time last week and today my friend received his 3rd replacement from Logitech.
Seems like their quality went south in general...

Seems like their quality went south in general...
Indeed. Nothing seems to be the same quality as it used to be, including drivers. I still have a Logitech G11 keyboard and MX580 mouse. Both are over ten years old and, other than some busted LED backlighting on the keyboard, are still going strong. In all honesty though, when they finally do need replacing, I will not be going Logitech again. Old stuff, great. New stuff, crap. :(

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back