G29 too stiff when car is stopped

Hello guys.

So, basically the problem i'm having is mentioned in the title of this thread.
The wheel is sooo stiff when the car is parked, then it goes back to normal the more the car starts moving.
I cannot maneuver the car easily, it takes some time and gets boring taking so long to get back when you slip off track sometimes...
Even if i turn all FFB settings to 0 this stiffness still occurs, on EVERY single car of the game.

Anybody got a solution for this?

I've tried reinstalling LogitechGamingSoftware, reinstalling the game, tried other controls settings (from different G29 users) and such but nothing changed...

PS: Another friend of mine got this same issue, and ANOTHER friend doesn't have any problems related to this.

Would appreciate any kind of help.

Like Alfie said, it's the low speed damper setting!
It's there to simulate standing still tyres but on my g27 I really don't like it!
Little explanation:
Somewhere in that same ini you should see a low speed settings. That's the kp/h where, below this, the damper will become active.

The minimum level works like "always on" so if you put it to 1.0 you will have the standing still dampening also while driving fast. Absolutely not recommended to use anything higher than 0.01. Or even out it to 0.00 so it's off while driving!

The other settings works like the maximum setting. Lower it, save and restart the game until it's to your liking.
I have it completely off btw as I'm mostly doing stuff while standing still and don't like my wheel with resistance then.

For your information: on the g25/g27/driving force gt you have a different driver menu so you could actually put the dampening to 0%, which you'll find in almost every g27 guide, and is not recommended by me since it's sometimes part of the force feedback (dirt Rally).
In assetto corsa it's only used for the standing still tyre resistance simulation. But the ini setting does the same :)

Like Alfie said, it's the low speed damper setting!
It's there to simulate standing still tyres but on my g27 I really don't like it!
Little explanation:
Somewhere in that same ini you should see a low speed settings. That's the kp/h where, below this, the damper will become active.

The minimum level works like "always on" so if you put it to 1.0 you will have the standing still dampening also while driving fast. Absolutely not recommended to use anything higher than 0.01. Or even out it to 0.00 so it's off while driving!

The other settings works like the maximum setting. Lower it, save and restart the game until it's to your liking.
I have it completely off btw as I'm mostly doing stuff while standing still and don't like my wheel with resistance then.

For your information: on the g25/g27/driving force gt you have a different driver menu so you could actually put the dampening to 0%, which you'll find in almost every g27 guide, and is not recommended by me since it's sometimes part of the force feedback (dirt Rally).
In assetto corsa it's only used for the standing still tyre resistance simulation. But the ini setting does the same :)
when i try setting the low speed minimum value to 0.00 anytime i load the game up it just goes straight back to the original setting of 0.01 so the steering is still very heavy when stationary, any help would be appreciated.

when i try setting the low speed minimum value to 0.00 anytime i load the game up it just goes straight back to the original setting of 0.01 so the steering is still very heavy when stationary, any help would be appreciated.
Are you using content manager or the default launcher?
And what do you mean exactly with "low speed minimum value"?

The minimum damper setting is always on, no matter the speed, the damper setting without "minimum" in its name is the one for low speeds.
And then there's the low speed ffb reduction too.

How do you "put" it to 0.0? In the ini file or in content manager?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back