G29 shifter issue with Assetto Corsa

Recently the shifter has been popping out of gear. For example I will shift into 1st then suddenly it will shift into 3rd on its own then go to neutral with gear box damage. Also have this issue while in 3rd it will shift to 5th quickly then to neutral with gearbox damage.

I reassigned the shifter buttons in the CM to no avail. The problem comes and goes. What is curious is I tried the same shifter in AMS and rF2 and no issues.

If I jiggle the shifter while in gear in the CM controller button screen I don't see any other button configurations light up, so presumably its not a loose component.

I tried to launch AC using the default launcher to confirm it wasn't a CM issue although AC just hangs on the loading car meta data screen.

Any ideas ?

Last edited:
I have no space for my own (G27) shifter so it has hardly ever been used, but AFAIK it just contains a couple of potentiometers, rather like the ones in the pedals. The ones in the pedals become noisy AF after prolonged use, so perhaps the same is true for the shifter. This would mean that cleaning the pots (e.g. contact cleaner, sprayed into them with appropriate care) might "cure" it, at least for a while...

I have no space for my own (G27) shifter so it has hardly ever been used, but AFAIK it just contains a couple of potentiometers, rather like the ones in the pedals. The ones in the pedals become noisy AF after prolonged use, so perhaps the same is true for the shifter. This would mean that cleaning the pots (e.g. contact cleaner, sprayed into them with appropriate care) might "cure" it, at least for a while...

Thanx for the replay. Whats curious is the shifter is barely over 30 days old and it works flawlessly in AMS and rF2.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back