G29 no longer calibrating when plugging it to PC

Before today, when I plugged my Logitech G29 in the USB port of my computer (or started up when it was already connected), the wheel would always do a calibrating run, rolling itself two times. Today, when I plugged it in, it did not. And hasn't done it no matter how often I re-plug it.

It seems to "work" in AC so that pedals work and in theory it turns, but because it hasn't been calibrated, the car is turning full left (or right) even when the wheel is physically centered. What's the problem and how to fix it?

FYI: this isn't a first time I had a problem with the same wheel. This is the previous thread:

As per advice in that thread, I'm now running Logitech Gaming software instead of the G HUB.

Last edited:
There are a few basic things you can check.

Check that the PS3/PS4 switch is still locked in the PS4 position.
If you have access to a multimeter, check to see if the power brick is still good . From memory, I believe it should be giving you 24 volts.

If those seem OK you may have to take a look inside the base and inspect to see if any of the connectors have become detached or there could possibly be a broken wire in the main wire loom if its had many hours of use.

Upvote 0
You may have this same problem, AC default force with too hard rattle broke my wheel in 2015, I did this fix (see video link below) using Optical Encoder from my old LG wheel, it is just piece of plastic and can break down very easily. It is not so easy to do so if your wheel is old so buy new one, because you may not find new optical encoder so easily.

Logitech G27: Optical Encoder Replacement - YouTube

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah, sometimes it's the daftest things that throw us,
Spme time back my mate reinstalled windows 7 about 3 or 4 times because it kept flickering wanting to do everything at once, only after many hours did he realise that his keyboard was wedged underneath his monitor and the keys were being pressed down.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%
  • < 5 years