G29 + LUT + FFBClip - Bad control/feeling

Hm..Not sure what Im doing wrong here, since Ive followed the book.

Tested with wheelcheck (value 100). Exported to LUT as you should do

Using FFBClip in "automode" running in background. The wheel feels sloppy and, well..theres no feeling to it.

Do I need FFBClip at all with this wheel? Shoulld i continue to use the LUT i have made , or not?

Need advice, thanks.

29.jpg

The wheelcheck approach turned out to be wrong and didn't produce good values for the purpose of a LUT. It does a reasonable job of finding the minimum force but due to motor speed differences, the apparent non-linear behaviour has now been proven to be wrong. You don't need a LUT. You might want to set a minimum of 5-10% with that wheel and otherwise just use a linear/gamma of 1.0. This goes for Thrustmasters and Fanatec belt wheels too, they are all fairly linear in power output.

As to FFBClip it can be useful to find the right settings but I don't personally think maintaining dynamic mode is a good idea necessarily. FFB is pretty personal so you need to find what you are happiest with, so long as you can feel understeer and oversteer and some idea of bumps and such in the road you are fine.

The wheelcheck approach turned out to be wrong and didn't produce good values for the purpose of a LUT. It does a reasonable job of finding the minimum force but due to motor speed differences, the apparent non-linear behaviour has now been proven to be wrong. You don't need a LUT. You might want to set a minimum of 5-10% with that wheel and otherwise just use a linear/gamma of 1.0. This goes for Thrustmasters and Fanatec belt wheels too, they are all fairly linear in power output.

As to FFBClip it can be useful to find the right settings but I don't personally think maintaining dynamic mode is a good idea necessarily. FFB is pretty personal so you need to find what you are happiest with, so long as you can feel understeer and oversteer and some idea of bumps and such in the road you are fine.

Thank you for that info. Much appreciated! =)

So - should I disbable the FFB Post Processing, you think? Or should I have it on and set a gamma? 50? 100?
I will also disbale FFBClip.

For how long has these issues been known? I followed some guide and though i had good settings, but no... =(

Thank you for that info. Much appreciated! =)

So - should I disbable the FFB Post Processing, you think? Or should I have it on and set a gamma? 50? 100?
I will also disbale FFBClip.

For how long has these issues been known? I followed some guide and though i had good settings, but no... =(

We have known it was wrong for many years. Someone used a broom handle and a set of scales and measured the pressure output at the various levels and came to the conclusion his T300 was actually linear in force. The theory behind wheel check for LUT production was that force resulted in distance travelled by the wheel, it doesn't. The reason it doesn't is that the motors have a maximum speed and produce more friction at higher speeds, Logitech more so than Thrustmaster more so than Fanatec. Thus they appear non-linear when you assume the friction is linear and proportional to the input force. The guides are all wrong, I like many others have been misled by them in the past. Some people still like the feel, I think its mostly that most people need dampening lower.

Just go with 100% gamma. Find an FFB that doesn't clip and that is what you mostly need. Turning down most of the FX settings is worthwhile, try 0 and work up from there until they give you sufficient feel.Use enhanced understeer as well that will help on the weaker wheel. That is it, nothing more too it.

Ok, Im back to this. Is it better to use FFB post processing - Gamma than this? Should I turn it ON?

But to clear things out - Im using the G29 not the T300 wheel.

Also, any other changes you would recommend me to do based of these settings:

back.jpg

That will do to start. Get out and drive and confirm it's not clipping in the game and turn down the gain if it is. Minimum force might be able to come down to 10% but you are a better judge of centre feel and if there is a problem or not on your wheel.

That will do to start. Get out and drive and confirm it's not clipping in the game and turn down the gain if it is. Minimum force might be able to come down to 10% but you are a better judge of centre feel and if there is a problem or not on your wheel.

I do find this wheel model to be very loose in the middle, and also i read that 30 percent could be a good start. (so many different threads with different advices).
What is "clipping" really? How do I notice it? Any other settings you would advice me to change?
I also lowered the FFB to 60 from 100. Ok, or better to stay with 100?

Also, is this "default" ff_post_process.ini settings? (exept for my prior personal lut files which i dont use any more)

[HEADER]
VERSION=1
TYPE=GAMMA
ENABLED=0

[GAMMA]
VALUE=0.5

[LUT]
CURVE=Freddes_LUT.lut

Last edited:
What is "clipping" really? How do I notice it? Any other settings you would advice me to change?
If you use AC's built in pedals app it'll show 4 bars, clutch/brake/gas position and ffb. when the FFB turns red it's clipping, sending the max force. It's ok if it does that a couple times a lap but it shouldn't be constant for any length of time.

Ok. So I read the instructions. "1. Adjust InGame-settings and Profiler (ignore the NOT 900°... It's just to match the rotation of the real and visual wheel) ".

I guess thats what I have done, or should I reset all settings Ive done? Im in CM. Just so I will get this right from the start.

@axeracing Did you try the other settings too?

I've tried several different things over the years, including the new features in content manager. This works best for me:

Thx! So you have also made all the changes in this post? https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/guide-for-g27-and-other-wheels-configuration.134490/

...or can I just DL the LUT?

Some questions...

Im curious: Why so low FFB ? Why only 650 dgr of rotation in Logitech app? I think Im using full rotation there.

As for now (no lut or gamma settings), im using 80 ffb (it was shaking quite a bit with 100), and then also set minimum force to 20 (otherwize the wheel will feel loose in the middle, well it still does but its better). Effect are all off.

I've tried several different things over the years, including the new features in content manager. This works best for me:

I have now tried the settings. I guess I only hade to load the LUT + make the changes I can read from your screenshots, right? =)
May I ask what FFB skip 1 does?
I am very impressed by this LUT, I found there was another LUT called "tight center", but this feels very tight too! =)

Thank you so much for helping me out! FFB at 50 percent is about perfect with this LUT, I might even lower it a bit.

Still unsure of the dgr of rotations though... =P

Last edited:
I have now tried the settings. I guess I only hade to load the LUT + make the changes I can read from your screenshots, right? =)
May I ask what FFB skip 1 does?
I am very impressed by this LUT, I found there was another LUT called "tight center", but this feels very tight too! =)

Thank you so much for helping me out! FFB at 50 percent is about perfect with this LUT.

Still unsure of the dgr of rotations though... =P

....but there seem to be some kind of wobbling effect from one side to another in the wheel. Like a ship in a storm, Whats this? Any setting I need to change?

Hmm... I can't remember what i did to fix that wobbling. It's been so long.
Perhaps this will help:
If not you might have to search around a bit. It took me weeks to find the best settings for me!

Attachments

• Screenshot (4).png
    Screenshot (4).png
    596.9 KB · Views: 399

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.4%