G29 FFB Adjustments

Greetings, Gentlemen.

I am using G29 for three months already and facing one annoying issue which should and could be fixed through software adjustments/coding.

Let’s go into some details.

My wheel is providing some strong resistance and forces when I turn left. Imagine that FFB is set to 100%. It feels like I am having 100% of resistance on left turns and 70-80% of the resistance and force when I turn to the right. It’s very annoying and unhealthy for my body, because the amount of muscle power is different from left to the right.

The steering wheel is unbalanced from the box and if you are doing more left or right specific turns it will wear out even more unbalanced and became soft and less resistive to one side.

Three months of usage already, it was noticeable from the start but I was hoping that during the time of use it will be balanced, but it’s not, it’s still very pronounced on left and soft on right turns.

Luckily, I have found some program called ForceFeedback Inspector which allows you to simulate any type of Force you experiencing during simracing. Where I have found that my problem is can be fixed by simple manual correlation of negative / positive coefficients and saturation.

For example, default parameters with properly working wheel should be like:
Left 100% / Right 100%
for my case I would setup something like this:
Left 85% / Right 100%

Hope you, Folks, understand my message and what I am looking for.

So, is there any way to adjust overall force feedback strength from left to the right?
Negative (Left) / Positive (Right) FFB coefficient adjustment on steering axis.

Best regards, Yevgeny.

Greetings, Gentlemen.

I am using G29 for three months already and facing one annoying issue which should and could be fixed through software adjustments/coding.

My wheel is providing some strong resistance and forces when I turn left. Imagine that FFB is set to 100%. It feels like I am having 100% of resistance on left turns and 70-80% of the resistance and force when I turn to the right. It’s very annoying and unhealthy for my body, because the amount of muscle power is different from left to the right.

The steering wheel is unbalanced from the box and if you are doing more left or right specific turns it will wear out even more unbalanced and became soft and less resistive to one side.

Three months of usage already, it was noticeable from the start but I was hoping that during the time of use it will be balanced, but it’s not, it’s still very pronounced on left and soft on right turns.

Luckily, I have found some program called ForceFeedback Inspector which allows you to simulate any type of Force you experiencing during simracing. Where I have found that my problem is can be fixed by simple manual correlation of negative / positive coefficients and saturation.

Left 100% / Right 100%
Left 85% / Right 100%

So, is there any way to adjust overall force feedback strength from left to the right?

Best regards, Yevgeny.
Are you able to ask for a replacement by warranty? Sounds almost, like one motor is working not reliably for some reason. I own an old G27, which has pretty similar tech inside and it is definetly delivering balanced forces, so if your product is new, you should try to get a replacement for it.

I would only think of the LUT file generator/wheelcheck, to adjust FFB for some games (especially AC), but it's unlikely, it fixes your problem, it's not for such kind of issues, unfortunately.

Upvote 0
Greetings, Gentlemen.

Left 100% / Right 100%
Left 85% / Right 100%

Best regards, Yevgeny.
I have the same problem with g920, when enabling center spring at 10% its not that evident.
Apperently there are bunch of people who report this with new wheels.
Did you make an reclamation or did you work it around?

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 92 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 68 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 73 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.2%
  • < 5 years