G29 dual inputs from rotaty dial

Hello.

I have a problem of a kind: I assign some function to rotary knob, like "ABS+/ ABS-" or "Turbo+/Turbo-". However, when I rotate once, I get double input in 90% of cases, sometimes single as it should be.
I tried that in Assetto Corsa and in F1 2018 and behaviour is the same. Strange thing is that in Assetto when I'm in controller setup every one rotation is seen as one-step change on screen that is showing controller inputs. So at this stage everything is OK, only in game it's double input.
In F1 2018 in controller settings it's not showing input when pressing button so cannot check that, however in a game behaviour is similar. I assigned to rotary dial gear up/down and observerd strange things. When car is standing and I use only rotary dial, I get proper up/down shifts. But once I accelerate and have pedal pressed, it will in 90% of cases double shift up or down.
I saw other people on internet describing the same issue also in other games:
One done very interesting experiment, which I also performed with the same result: assigned rotary dial (via joy2key program) to press 'a' for right, and 'b' for left. Opened notepad in background and started to play. Then checking notepad, and there are no dual 'aa' or 'bb', while in game there were double inputs.
As a result it's hard to understand why is that and what is wrong: logitech or games or some combination?
Nevertheless as problem has been onserved in Assetto Corsa, Assetto Corsa Competizione, Project Cars 2, F1 2018 its hard to say all games have the same bug. But considering 'notepad' experiment it's also hard to say G29 has a bug.

Regards,

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back