G29 - after a bit of advice

Forgive me for maybe sounding stupid but ive just come into possession of a g29 and every game i use it on it shakes uncontrollably when going in a straight line, ive searched the net for this problem and have enabled centering spring like some people say and also adjusted other things but im still getting it.

Only reason it worries me is i live in a first floor flat and the noise its making by vibrating and shaking is ridiculous and dont want getting complaints due to it shaking and people living below being able to hear it.

Also looking for a cheapish but descent wheel stand as im not made of money but will be better than the setup ive currently got it sat on

Have you tried turning track effects down in game? Mine did it horribly for a while in Dirt Rally but they patched it and fixed the problem. What sims are you running so I can have a look at my settings and compare?

Upvote 0
yeah tried that, im on raceroom currently and it seems fine until im going down a straight or turning the car at low speed then i get awful vibration which is vibrating the whole desk which i know for a fact people living below will be able to hear

F1 2018 ive turned track effects and rumble effects right down to 1 and still getting the swaying and vibration of the wheel along straights

Upvote 0
ive played a bit more with the settings for raceroom and got it i think as quiet as its gonna go my problem on straights appears to be the centering spring which was turned on in profiler, which ive now switched off

Upvote 0
my G25 is awful with inverted feedback off, but works fine with it on in raceroom,
if it doesn't help you can just turn it back off again, just saying it may be worth a try

It's turned on but what I have done is turn off centering spring in Logitech profiler, have to say I've owned the g25,g27 and now the g29 and the g29 for some reason is the noisiest of the 3

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 235 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years