G27 Throttle Spiking AFTER CLEANING

nhigginson

Premium
I have just cleaned my G27 pedals in the last hour, first time doing so. opened it up and it looked as if the pedal box had never been opened. cleaned it out and was fine. brake has stopped being 5% on all the time however the throttle pedal now spikes violently and hits 100% by the time im at 1/4 to 1/2 pedal range. given when i plugged the pedals back in the wheel was still connected to the system. although i have done this many times before with no problem. could it be a one off thing or is there a hardware problem? the throttle pedal also depletes much more than before, i can push it further to the ground.

Never cleaned my pots but had the pedal case open once. I would suggest you open it up again, take off the throttle and then start a game or game controller overview where you see the inputs in Realtime and play with the throttle pot directly with your hand. That way you make sure it's not the pedal adjustment.
If it spikes there too, try to swap the cables like you think you did. Test again.
Only when it works with your fingers put on the pedal etc again.
You shouldn't be able to press it further than before! Maybe you did a mistake with the plastics etc?

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back