G27, T500 or a Fanatec

Debating about a new wheel for Xmas so the choice is as above, the T500 is about £350-£380 which is about the maximum budget, any suggestions?. I've not owned a Thrustmaster wheel since the F1 Force feedback wheel which was absolute garbage.

Games include Race '07\GTR-E, PCars, GTL, GTR2, rF1 & 2, NFS, Test Drive, KRP, ETS2, Scania Truck and a few others.

Regards

Craig

:( I knew I should have ordered it yesterday, it was on a this week only deal for £325 plus £10 postage, I went on to actually order today and it's back up to £360 + postage :mad::mad::mad:

Next cheapest I've seen it is £335 but it says it is a Euro model and comes with UK adapter which I'm not too keen on.

IIRC the T500 comes with a power brick, are both wires (in and out) hardwired or is the brick to wall a plug in type?

Upvote 0
The very nice people at OCUK have come up trumps again, as I said earlier I missed the "this week only" price because I was waiting for clarification on whether I was eligible for free delivery and due to that the offer ended. I dropped them a Webnote and asked if they would still do it for me at the deal price, not surprisingly they agreed. I rang yesterday to place the order but the payment was declined due to Bank security which is especially tight at this time of year. I got a phone call about 15 mins later from the Bank asking if the purchase was valid, good in one way but also a PITA.

I've just phoned OCUK again and they have done me a deal including Sat delivery for LESS than it would have cost for the "this week only" deal without delivery :notworthy::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I think I have said before on here that OCUK Customer Service is exceptional, I've used them since about 2001 and really cannot recommend them highly enough.

Upvote 0
Very happy with the T500 so far, the only thing I'm disapointed with is the software, am I correct in thinking there is nothing like the Logitech Profiler where you can set FFB and Rotation on a per game basis?
You're right about that, it's impossible to find a setting that suits every sim.

Upvote 0
Had my Forza CSR wheel for 5 days now. Power brick died after one day. Lame. Pedals (car elite) are really good. Like them immensely. But the belt drive is so numb. I think I like the tactile mechanical vibration. I'm going from a gear driven g25. I wish Is gotten Tue g27 and the clubsport pedals.

As for shifters, Logitech was brilliant for coming up with the changeable sequential and h box setup. I will always long for that, since I love switching between the two.

Upvote 0
Had my Forza CSR wheel for 5 days now. Power brick died after one day. Lame. Pedals (car elite) are really good. Like them immensely. But the belt drive is so numb. I think I like the tactile mechanical vibration. I'm going from a gear driven g25. I wish Is gotten Tue g27 and the clubsport pedals.

As for shifters, Logitech was brilliant for coming up with the changeable sequential and h box setup. I will always long for that, since I love switching between the two.

I couldn't disagree more with you. At least T500 belt drive slaps G25 silly. I simply couldn't go back anymore. Maybe it's more of a quality issue of your Forza CSR, don't know because haven't ever tried Fanatec stuff.

And just fyi, Thrustmaster TH8RS gearstick have changeable gear system (sequential<->h-shifter). Imo TH8RS beats G25 shifter quality wise, and actually in pretty much every way. Only grief is that you have buy it separately, but that's no biggie, at least for me it isn't.

Upvote 0
Very happy with the T500 so far, the only thing I'm disapointed with is the software, am I correct in thinking there is nothing like the Logitech Profiler where you can set FFB and Rotation on a per game basis?

This doesn't matter if you play iracing, rf2, LFS and nkpro as those games set rotation in game. So just leave profiller to max rotation and let game sort it for you. :)

Upvote 0
T500_Motor.jpg

One pic 1000 words :D

Upvote 0
Quite shamefull to have such low-spec engine's in such a piece of highend gear, that demands so much from motors..
550's have quite cheaply connected brushes, no ball bearings, just bronze brearings.
Same sort specs engine's, but with better quality brushes (replacable) and real ballbearings are used in many good RC-cars & planes.
Not the RC cars Fanatec is talking about, those are bought in the toyshop.
Although modern RC-cars & planes already use brushless motors for some while.

Upvote 0
lol oh dear......I have had to keep restraining myself from buying a CS or CSE, and ended up with a T500 which I am very happy with, the only simple reason I never went Fanatec was the reliability issue, which I believe is a real shame as the product itself and performance when working is quite nice indeed. Also disappointed you still can't have a CSE with a BMW rim, which really was the deciding factor along with the above in the end.

Upvote 0
There is no reason you could maybe not retrofit a decent high quality triple or quadruple turn motor into the Fanatec maybe if the original 540's let go ? You could even tune the motor to your needs :)

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 301 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 151 7.7%
  • < 5 years