G27 settings

Hi all, are there any recommended G27 settings out there?
I got ACC 2 days ago and so far FFB doesnt feel great, i cant get it to feel anywhere near R3E,AMS or AC no matter what i try.

I would be grateful if anyone happy with their settings could possibly share please.

I had a g27 until January and for me there wasn't much to do. The ffb is like it is. At first none of my friends nor me liked it but after about 20 hours practicing and doing a few races we love it :)

To the settings:
Profiler: 900°, ffb, spring, damper to default (100), center spring disabled, checked "game can overwrite settings".
So basically, default :)

In the game:
Gain to 100%, yeah might clip a little but it doesn't matter. It's is actually a good thing with most wheels! I won't explain why but you won't break your wheel or anything!

Dynamic dampening: this let's the wheel become tighter and more rigit the faster you go. Similar to a real car. Just let it be at 100. If your wheel is turning too slowly at higher speeds, lower it. It should be somewhere above 50 though.

Road effects: it's just road noise. Gives some immersive vibrations. I'd keep it between 5-20. Above this it will overwrite too much information of the real ffb.

So now you'll have a deadzone when driving straight. So you raise the minimum force.
Iirc I used 10-16%.
Test this for yourself. Each wheel is a bit different.
You should have a tight wheel all the time but it shouldn't start to shake too much when going straight and fast (monza start/finish for example).

Enjoy and give the game some time to seduce you. It's a difficult ffb to like but everyone I know started to love it at some point! :)

Last edited:
Big difference for me also with your settings, @RasmusP .... :thumbsup:
Thanks a lot. ;)
( and I finally found the good FOV, but not that realistic ! :D , .... with a single screen without TrackIR ... as it's always been my main problem with ACC since the very beginning ... reason why I rarely drove it until now ).

Big difference for me also with your settings, @RasmusP .... :thumbsup:
Thanks a lot. ;)
( and I finally found the good FOV, but not that realistic ! :D , .... with a single screen without TrackIR ... as it's always been my main problem with ACC since the very beginning ... reason why I rarely drove it until now ).
What fov did you end up with now? And also what screen size? :)

My screen is a 21/9 Curved Samsung 34" with a wall mount.... since not a long time ... after a 21/9 29" LG... flat.
My face is +- 80-90 cm from the center of the screen ( it cannot be placed nearer due to the fact that with a Playseat Challenge .... I need to be able to get in and due to the curve of the screen I'd scratch it ! :( ...as it's already at a short distance of 2 or 3 cm off the wheel plate ).

FOV 45 ... that's too much for a realistic view .... but it was the only way to have a decent view of the track and apex ... and between the black opaque banner and the dashboard.
And the second reason is that with much lower FOV ( I was used with 30 in AC ) ... my wheel moves have a too much direct and exagerate effect on driving.

I wonder sometimes why the default FOV are mostly too big. ??? ... It looks like cars are made at the start to be fine with such high FOV.
I did the same with AC .... ( FOV at 45 since a few days ) and I'm feeling more confortable with it now.

Realism with a realistic FOV is something fine ... but not always the best for a good drive... even accustomed to it for a rather long time.

Last edited:
My screen is a 21/9 Curved Samsung 34" with a wall mount.... since not a long time ... after a 21/9 29" LG... flat.
My face is +- 80-90 cm from the center of the screen ( it cannot be placed nearer due to the fact that with a Playseat Challenge .... I need to be able to get in and due to the curve of the screen I'd scratch it ! :( ...as it's already at a short distance of 2 or 3 cm off the wheel plate ).

FOV 45 ... that's too much for a realistic view .... but it was the only way to have a decent view of the track and apex ... and between the black opaque banner and the dashboard.
And the second reason is that with much lower FOV ( I was used with 30 in AC ) ... my wheel moves have a too much direct and exagerate effect on driving.

I wonder sometimes why the default FOV are mostly too big. ??? ... It looks like cars are made at the start to be fine with such high FOV.
I did the same with AC .... ( FOV at 45 since a few days ) and I'm feeling more confortable with it now.

Realism with a realistic FOV is something fine ... but not always the best for a good drive... even accustomed to it for a rather long time.
Totally getting you! I'm on a similar Monitor (Alienware 34" 1440 21/9).
I'm using 49° vertical FOV in all games. Lower and the image just moves too much and too fast so while the actual driving becomes "slower", everything else becomes too quick and hurts my eyes, constantly changing the point to focus on and look at.
Above 55° it becomes too distorted though. Fisheye no thank you!

So I guess we're using basically the same now :cool:
The cars aren't made to be anything though I think. But it wasn't meant seriously by you I guess hehe.
They are just real life size and the seating position is the real thing too. But imagine you'd sit in a real car and only get to see the monitor size, 80cm in front of you and nothing else. Black cardboard from your head to that monitor sized window.
You'd be thankful to get more of the real thing cropped into that window to make you see anything at all :O_o::laugh:
A good example of this is the cropping and distortion of most modern car's side mirrors! Old cars used to be just a flat mirror, modern cars put more into it than you should see.
Honestly, it makes judging for some gaps very difficult but somehow nobody is starting a petition for "realistic FOV car mirrors" :roflmao:

The cars aren't made to be anything though I think. But it wasn't meant seriously by you I guess hehe.

What I meant, when saying so, was more about physics .... according to the FOV, cars seem ( do we only feel it or is it really so ? ) to react differently. If the default cars setups and visual physics ...., as finally this is how we feel them when driving ( our body and buttocks are not in our eyes or hands :roflmao::roflmao: ), were made with those default game FOV ..... making the FOV more realistic and lower changes too much the perception of the right feel of the car .... and we're trying then to modify a right setup or our driving according to the false perception of the feeling of the car we get.

They are just real life size and the seating position is the real thing too. But imagine you'd sit in a real car and only get to see the monitor size, 80cm in front of you and nothing else. Black cardboard from your head to that monitor sized window.
You'd be thankful to get more of the real thing cropped into that window to make you see anything at all :O_o::laugh:

IRL such a narrow view should be a real disaster ! :D
In simracing, with a single screen ... ( VR is surely a big plus for a good sight and immersion ... but due to age, view, progressive glasses and moreover motion sickness and hardware prices ... that's not for me ), the use of a TrackIR may help a lot to see more and better. A pity that Unreal Engine doesn't support it ... when you're used to TrackIR for a rather long time.

Without TrackIR .... better sight with a lower FOV ... but while track feels good ... the cars instruments or dashboard seem too big.

A good example of this is the cropping and distortion of most modern car's side mirrors! Old cars used to be just a flat mirror, modern cars put more into it than you should see.
Honestly, it makes judging for some gaps very difficult but somehow nobody is starting a petition for "realistic FOV car mirrors" :roflmao:

Used to those older cars flat mirrors ... with modern cars, I mostly feel I cannot trust the central or side mirrors about gaps ( mostly when parking of course ). ;)

EDIT: :( I said "default game FOV" ... oops ! I meant ... simulation of course :whistling::roflmao::roflmao:

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 293 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years