F1 2011 G27 Pressing Start at the game menu

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
C

Claudio Harden

• Claudio Harden

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously? You started a thread to ask? 14 buttons and you havent tried pushing them yourself? :D :D

FYI - by default it should be the 3rd red button from the left on the shifter assembly to start the game.

logitechg27shifter.jpg

I dont use the H Shifter for gears either - well, maybe sometimes in Race07, but the plethora of buttons attached to it come in handy, like starting the game, selecting fuel map and tyres etc, just unimportant stuff like that. Guess its time to dig it out and hook it up mate.

I sometimes wonder (seeing as I dont use the H-shift) about taking the useful buttons out of the H-shifter housing and relocating them to something better, a custom box / control panel that I could mount somewhere else, but still be connected to the G27 wheel.

Hmm.....

EDIT - something like this - http://altoguitar.com/buttonbox/

But not quite as crazy as this...

gt3b.jpg

dash2.jpg

haha i thought that was yours paul , i was going to say your damm crazy.

i just received my SLI-M , time to go and put it on, cya later!

Oh what are you mounting it on mate? Stefan made you a custom wheel? I thought you said you had no clue with that sort of thing?

Hehe, I just fancy a panel, or small box, or even a mounting plate on my actual wheel, that I could wire up some Knitter switches to the original Logitech board, so it still all works with the G27, rather than going down the more expensive Leo Bodnar SLI route.

Ahh see there we go,

I dont even have that setup on my desk. I am just using DSG. Is there any other option on making some other button the start button, because I really dont use the normal gearbox?

;)
If you still have free buttons on your wheel you can always edit your action map (G27 Racing Wheel)
and change
<Action actionName="Menu Start Button">
<Axis axisName="win_con_di_button19"

Use the Logitech software to get button numbers and subtract 1 (so if you want button 22 you need to enter 21 in the action map file).

Oh what are you mounting it on mate? Stefan made you a custom wheel? I thought you said you had no clue with that sort of thing?

Hehe, I just fancy a panel, or small box, or even a mounting plate on my actual wheel, that I could wire up some Knitter switches to the original Logitech board, so it still all works with the G27, rather than going down the more expensive Leo Bodnar SLI route.

Theres always g25/g27 shifter only auctions on ebay, take a punt on one and use that for mucking around with. IIRC there was one for £10 on there last week.

See, you arent just a pretty face! Why didnt I think of that! Cheers for the idea James.

No probs Paul, tbh, I was having similar ideas myself, that shifter thing is getting in the way - but with only 2 buttons on a g25, you kind of need it. I want to build a more compact thing to do the job - and gutting a £10 g25 spare off ebay should do the trick

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back