G27 Potentiometer Replacement

I'm having issues with throttle control, and have found out that my throttle is faulty. Under normal calibration, it spikes constantly at all times regardless of pedal position. Using the Bodnar calibration thing I've set deadzones to prevent spiking at min/max pedal range, but it obviously still spikes at anything in between.

So, looks like I need a new potentiometer, possibly three since I may as well do them all at the same time. Does anyone know where I can get like-for-like potentiometers for G27 pedals?

Thanks!

For anyone in Europe having this problem, Banzai music in Berlin have a huge selection of Pots and other electrical components. I use them for all kinds of stuff for my business as a luthier and guitar tech.
I think these: http://www.banzaimusic.com/Alpha-24-DS-10k-lin.html are the right ones. I compared the dimensions with the Pots in the link, and otherwise they look correct. 10K, Lin, D-shaft etc
Be sure to get lin pots, and not log, there is a huge difference: Log pots will not work correctly in pedals..:thumbsup:

I am interested to them but are you sure the specs are the correct ones?
Looking to pics seems the shaft lenght is shorter than the original ones...

Upvote 0
I thought those were the right ones, but I admit I'm going from memory, as I've been using Fanatec v3's for the last 2 years.
The pots in my link have a shaft length of 8.5mm, if you cut off the locating tab, and remove the first nut on the axle, you can gain a bit more length. I do it on guitars all the time, the locating tab is soft enough to be snipped off with a poair of cutters.
The best thing to do is remove the old ones and measure the axle, and whether the ones ion the link will work with an axle length of 8.5mm.

Upvote 0
Hey all you g25, 27, and 29 or 920 owners check out this website they sell replacement potentiometer kits for our pedals they also have a few other mods for the pedals that I'm also trying out...will be arriving here today...took like 4 days to ship from Italy to the USA...will report back with my first impressions once I get them all installed
https://www.3drap.it/logi-mods/
Did you manage to get them installed? I ordered a set aswell, arrived this morning so hopefully get them installed tonight. Hopefully goes smoothly!

Upvote 0
Hey all you g25, 27, and 29 or 920 owners check out this website they sell replacement potentiometer kits for our pedals they also have a few other mods for the pedals that I'm also trying out...will be arriving here today...took like 4 days to ship from Italy to the USA...will report back with my first impressions once I get them all installed
https://www.3drap.it/logi-mods/
Thanks for this:thumbsup: like Ross I cleaned mine out but they've started to go awol again, will try the 3DRap kit - mainly 'cos it also includes the cogs to replace the (G920) original, which are badly worn.

Upvote 0
Yeah please let us know I am very curious about them ;)

Sorry about the delay on this. I had another problem throwing me off from getting this sorted. TH8a screws holding a ricmotech seq. plate were too long into the housing causing a short/voltage drain so not enough voltage going to the pedals .....anyway......

Changing the pots went well, easy enough to install and work perfectly now. I changed all 3 pots while I was at it. Seem to be working perfectly so far, no spiking/flickering on the outputs as I had seen previously.
The pots themselves I found can be got separately from some electronic suppliers for about 1 euro a piece. Standard pot with tons in stock. So once the cogs hold up it should an easy pot replacement if they ever need replacing again.

I can check in again in a month or so to let you know how they are still performing. But I'd say they should be okay and can recommend this mod to anyone with reoccuring pot problems on their G27 pedals

Upvote 0
Sorry about the delay on this. I had another problem throwing me off from getting this sorted. TH8a screws holding a ricmotech seq. plate were too long into the housing causing a short/voltage drain so not enough voltage going to the pedals .....anyway......

Changing the pots went well, easy enough to install and work perfectly now. I changed all 3 pots while I was at it. Seem to be working perfectly so far, no spiking/flickering on the outputs as I had seen previously.
The pots themselves I found can be got separately from some electronic suppliers for about 1 euro a piece. Standard pot with tons in stock. So once the cogs hold up it should an easy pot replacement if they ever need replacing again.

I can check in again in a month or so to let you know how they are still performing. But I'd say they should be okay and can recommend this mod to anyone with reoccuring pot problems on their G27 pedals

Hello.
I bought the replacement kit at 3drap about 3 weeks. I'm from south america, just waiting now to replace the old pots. I have a g920, 2 years of use, and my pots has worn out. Well, seens everything went good for you, but i have one question. About the soldering, is really required? Or there's another way to tight the pots?
Thanks, and sry bad english.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hello.
I bought the replacement kit at 3drap about 3 weeks, I'm from south america, just waiting now to replace the old pots. I have a g920, 2 years of use, and my pots has worn out. Well, seens everything went good for you, but i have one question. About the soldering, is really required? Or there's another way to tight the pots?
Thanks, and sry bad english.

I did'nt solder mine in the end. I used a crimp tool and some plastic connectors to connect the crimped wires to the pins of the pots. If you have access to a crimp tool I'd recommend going that route. Its easy to disconnect them if you need to later on.

If you need me to post up some pictures to give you an idea of what I mean let me know and I'll take some tonight when I'm home from work.

Otherwise a connection block could maybe work if you find one that matches the pot pin width, something like this;

https://ie.farnell.com/hylec/hyks-0...QYASABEgKH6vD_BwE&CAWELAID=120185640000286839

Hope this helps! Cheers

Upvote 0
Thanks for all the advice. I just took mine apart and cleaned the throttle pot with some electrical contact cleaner.
Worked a treat. I have a Ricmotech load cell in the brake, so if anything went wrong I had a 'spare' pot.
Cheers,
Ben

Upvote 0
Just thought I'd share my recent experience of using both solutions as mentioned in this thread to replace my G29 pedal potentiometers:

The 3drap 3d-printed replacement kit comes with excellent, high-quality potentiometers, but the 3d-printed parts succumbed to wear & tear quite quickly. I had a catastrophic failure of one of these parts in my accelerator pedal after less than 6 months of quite high intensity usage.

This left me searching for a replacement potentiometer that would fit in the original Logitech housing and a google search led me, via this very thread, to the 450D103F7 potentiometer by Digi-Key

The potentiometer is very, very slightly too big to fit in the pedal hosing block, but after a quick file I got it to go in. (see attachments). Apart from that, the potentiometer works with the original parts and I am now happily simracing with a new, reliable potentiometer! I will be using this solution going forward and plan to bulk buy a lifetime's supply of potentiometers :)

One thing to mention is that every time I put a new potentiometer in my pedals I have to recalibrate in windows. Not in the Logitech "Gaming Software", but in "Devices & printers" > G29 Driving Force Racing Wheel > (right click) "Game Controller Settings" > Properties > Settings > Calibrate

But I only have to do this once, after installation of the new part.

Hope this helps future Google searchers of this problem :)

Edit: I have detailed the process, here

Attachments

• 20191006_143206.jpg
    20191006_143206.jpg
    669.6 KB · Views: 445
  • 20191006_143900.jpg
    20191006_143900.jpg
    875.8 KB · Views: 666
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?