G27 Pedals - Hall Effect Sensors - Where can I get them now?

Hi everyone,

I've opened up my pedals now two or three times to clean the pots and they work fine for a couple of weeks and then start spiking again and its becoming increasingly frustrating. So I had heard from someone that you can replace the pots with hall effect sensors which will greatly reduce maintenance and increase input fidelity.

I came across two different websites that sell them Simulaje(http://simulaje.blogspot.ie/2013/12/hall-sensor-jz-for-g25g27-hall-sensor.html) and TSS (http://www.totalspanishsimulator.com/en/pedalera-pro/) but unfortunately, they don't seem to be selling them anymore :(
I've already tried emailing the guy at Simulaje but got no reply so I'm kinda stuck as to what to do with my pedals. I know some people have gotten Leo Bodnar pots (http://www.leobodnar.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=193) and modified the shaft to fit it in correctly into the pedals but I have no knowledge or experience of machining and modifying hardware like this, I can't even solder.

So would anyone know where I can get direct replacement pots for my pedals or more preferably, hall effect sensors? I've checked eBay but couldn't find any. Thanks.

Yes I bought the Simuljae kit, which I fitted and used for a couple of months. Then I bought a T500 and went with the T3PA pedals. I was very impressed with the hall sensors though. They were easy to fit (no soldering) and they seemed super smooth. In rFactor (for instance), when I tried to hold a pedal at a given value, it tended to "shake" or "quiver" a bit using potentiometers. I guess you'd call it a variable reading. I could maybe move it just slightly to a spot where it would become still/steady, but there were these kind rough spots everywhere. The Hall Sensors just stopped that completely.
I just took a look and the site is (pretty much as I remembered it) perhaps not the easiest to navigate. It looks to me, as though they are still selling the HS kit.
http://www.simulaje.com/productos/accesorios
IIRC I just took a leap of faith and paid the money. It was a bit of a nightmare, because I was asked for something crazy like a VAT registration number or something. Didn't make sense, so I made something up. Then I didn't hear anything for a week or so. I was just getting worried, when I got an email to say it was dispatched.
So, in summary - the web site is amaturish, the guy's communications are poor/slow, the cost (in UK £s) has gone up and the lead time is long. The product however, is 1st class IMO.
Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to be clear. :)

Upvote 0
Thank you Denis and Allan for the help.
I appreciate the detailed explanation of dealing with Simulajae. I don't really mind if it's going to take a week to deliver so long as they're shipped and delivered within a month as I know they'll make life a lot better once I've got them.

I ordered them just now so I hope to receive them soon :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
I picked up this kit a couple years back from Simulaje when I upgraded my pedals, he sent me the 3 sensors.
Since I picked the perfect pedal kit at the same time, I only needed to use 2. Well the gas pedal didn't last more than a 2 and a half months, I emailed Simulaje he said he would send me a replacement. Well it never happened. I email a couple of times after that. No response. The one that I used to replace the failed one lasted 4-5 months, before it failed too. The thin wire coming directly out of the core has to take all the twisting without any relief like a spring and will break at the core. Buyer beware. I believe leo bodnar sells a compatible replacement pot, but you need to cut the shaft.

Upvote 0
Hmmm, like I said, I didn't use mine for very long. The wires were not thin on mine. I wonder if they've been upgraded? I noticed they were longer that seemed necessary too. @Leprekaun , there is a video of how to fit them, but I remember now, I got some tiny rubber electrical insulation sleeves from work. These ensured that the spade connectors couldn't short out (better that PVC tape). Then, I took great care in routing the wires, keeping them well away from moving parts/pinch points. Now, with the info from rkives, perhaps you'll need to bear in mind the length of the wire which is allowed to twist. It'll be a compromise between too short = stress on the wire and too long = risk of fouling and mechanical damage, I guess. It's a fair few quid and you don't wanna be repairing/replacing those wires, I know.
I'd be interested to hear how it all goes. I don't wanna recommend them if they don't last.
Cheers.

Upvote 0
The sensor on my clutch lasted a year and a half. It is an inherently flawed design when the wire is repeatedly twisting, it will eventually fail. The wire should be connected to the part that doesn't move. To top it all off, bad communication, no support after the sale and expensive, I believe the bodnar potentiometers cost $7 each and will last far longer than this design.

Upvote 0
OK, well, to each his own. I think the sensors I had will last. I think Leprechaun has paid for them now, so I'm hoping that he wont have the same problems that you did. The wires on mine were prety thick and twisted together. Just from looking at them, I wouldn't expect them to break. Time will tell I guess. :)

Upvote 0
That looks interesting. 'Out' is correct. The bit that might be a problem is the degree of rotation as the OEM pots inside the G2X have a smaller usable angle compared to off-the-shelf versions. You could maybe use the 3d wrap mod which changes the ratio of the gears though?

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back